AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a source for Yugo M70AB2 Gas tubes? I have noticed that the interior of my gas tube is heavily pitted from Corrosive ammo which does not seem to be a big problem. The problem is with the length of the tube. When it is locked in place it barely makes connection with the Gas block. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
10,312 Posts
Century build? If so, my money is the gas block was pinned to far forward and any replacement tube will fall short.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Hootbro said:
Century build? If so, my money is the gas block was pinned to far forward and any replacement tube will fall short.
If that is the case could a RPK gas tube work?.They are a little longer..HUMM

·
Super Moderator
10,312 Posts
brownstown said:
Same gas tube that is fitted to the standard rifles. Gas tube is a "fitted" factory part that is suppose to stay with the life of the rifle. If replaced with a new arsenal spare, then that spare is "fitted" one again.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Somebody is talking pretty bad about rodger.That goes way back.Come in Fox Dog.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Hootbro said:
brownstown said:
Same gas tube that is fitted to the standard rifles. Gas tube is a "fitted" factory part that is suppose to stay with the life of the rifle. If replaced with a new arsenal spare, then that spare is "fitted" one again.
thanks for clearing that up for me. I had a romy gas tube that I tried to replace with a russian RPK one and the Russian was too long..so I had to get another Romy..For some reason I was under the impression that the RPK where longer...didn't think about the gas port being in a diffrent location on the barell..I learn something new every day..thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know I'm probably asking alot but does anyone know what the length of an original replacement would be before fitting. The end of my tube is cut at an angle as if it had already been fitted, but poorly done. Overall my gas tube measures a little under 19 centimeters end to end. Thank you guys for all of your answers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts