AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello the Akforum, first sorry for my english i missed some class with friends at school, i'm not from the USA and i don't really want to tell where i live because in my country weapons and related subject is pretty badly seen by people and i'm a bit paranoid about privacy on the internet, don't blame me for this please ;) So i'm a young registered gunsmith and i've a question or two about a couple of M70 milled receiver i got for free last month, let's see ...

There is two M70 zastava receiver, but i'm not a AK expert, in fact i'm much more on classical double barrel hunting weapon, so i plane to build two "tactical ninja" AK, a friend gunsmith sell some nice "ACE" stock and modular stock, i want to put a M4 six position tube, BUT i don't really understand why these receiver have a big hole without the classical no tang screw hole in the middle of the back assembly. What the fuck is that ? it's a kind of "demilling" drill on the back of the receiver ? or simply another exotical stock mounting system ? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Your missing a round beveled plug that fits into the back of the receiver.

It has a threaded hole in the center to receive a long through-bolt that attaches the butt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your missing a round beveled plug that fits into the back of the receiver.

It has a threaded hole in the center to receive a long through-bolt that attaches the butt.
Whoaa that's a really fast response, thanks a lot Mr Richard. So can you tell me more about this plug ?

·
Technical Advisor
15,511 Posts
The buttstock is attached to the rear of the receiver with a long 8mm threaded bolt that goes through the buttstock from the rear. Also pictured on the Apex site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts