AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I use a milled m-70 kit as the basis for a tabuk, or do you need a rpk for that kind of build?My wonderfull GF bought me a yugo parts kit from Apex and I was thinking about a dmr build.

·
Registered
8,010 Posts
As I've observed and it's certainly not an expert opinion, the Tabuks were in both regular stamped receiver and the RPK/M70-type receiver variants but I've not seen a milled receiver Tabuk.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
rayman1 said:
As I've observed and it's certainly not an expert opinion, the Tabuks were in both regular stamped receiver and the RPK/M70-type receiver variants but I've not seen a milled receiver Tabuk.
+1

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm almost positive all the parts are the same. You just need a front and rear trunnion. I think the front ones are still available it's the rear one that will be hard to find. There was a site that had them a while ago. They wanted over $60 for them. Maybe someone remembers the web site. All you would need is a modified gas block and a flash hider and you will be good to go.

·
Registered
8,010 Posts
If/when doing your Tabuk clone, don't forget about the parts that are not the same as the Yugo M-70 rifle - particularly this part which is sometimes overlooked (note the hole is circular):

Here's a quick comparison of the stamped receiver and the M70-style receiver on the Tabuk (both are Tabuk rifles):

You'll notice the differences in the FSB's:

And you can see differences between the rear sights:

But a major issue is the Tabuk's folding buttstock which is different than the Yugo M-70's (note the Tabuk's longer groove and one less rivet):

Yugo M-70:

Tabuk:

But unfortunately there may not be anything you can do about the buttstock difference. Some of the things that are different from the M-70 and the Tabuk are noticeable enough that, no matter how much you spend on perfecting the Arabic script/logo on the Tabuk, these issues will never quite make it as close of a clone. But close enough for most folks and many wouldn't even notice or care.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
That single front rivet long groove style is an early pattern Yugo.The two I scavenged up for Iraqi builds came from M64's.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
pupwag said:
That single front rivet long groove style is an early pattern Yugo.The two I scavenged up for Iraqi builds came from M64's.
That's helpful, thanks!

BP told me the only Tabuk he saw with the PLO guns had a milled receiver so someone has one. Would be nice to see some pics....hint hint :grin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts