AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
8,027 Posts
I love places that give you the ol' "Item may or may not have..." line. But they're a good outfit and seem to make good on any issues.

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
The rears are different, the M64 has a lightening cut, just like the M64 fixed stock.

I just ordered 2 of each, I will let you guys know what they look like when they show up.

turbothis said:
i wonder if the m70 has a m64 rear????

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
turbothis said:
i wonder if the m70 has a m64 rear????
They didn't show us the left side of the M70 :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
I saw that they were the newest additions to APEX this morning. I waited until this afternoon to buy a M70 underfolder kit.

I might post some pics when I receive it too.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
i want to get one, but i havent even received notice on my other 2 kits and if they have been shipped or not. my card was certainly charged :roll:

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
Numrich sells cleaning rods. New parked Hungy ones. Not proper for a Yugo. But it's a cleaning rod at a good price!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Really noob question but what are the differences between the m70 and m64? Would these kits pretty much just need a receiver?

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
-Todd- said:
Really noob question but what are the differences between the m70 and m64? Would these kits pretty much just need a receiver?
The biggest difference is that m64's have a screw in barrel and the m70's have a barrel that is pressed and pinned. That makes the m64 a much more difficult build for the average homebuilder. The wood stock also attaches with tangs on the m64 and a long bolt on the m70. There's also some sort of bolt hold open on the m64 I think (not sure, though). That's all I can think of now, but there may be a few other minor differences

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
hmmm I really should jump on one of those m70s. Won't be many of these in the future I'm sure. Who would have the correct weld plates for these babies?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tyrvidar said:
hmmm I really should jump on one of those m70s. Won't be many of these in the future I'm sure. Who would have the correct weld plates for these babies?
VZ58 has both

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
if there is anything everyone on this site should know, its that when kits pop up and you want one, BUY IT and question it later. absolute WORST case scenario, you can return it... most of the time, you can sell it here too. i bought two. ill probably sell one and have one built. i really just want 1 to get built.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
the 200 dollar kits were the M64 kits, at least that was my impression. or do they have the m70 kits for 200 too... im considering ordering more, pending the 2 that arrive friday. id love to get me about 5 built... that would be so sweet.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_in ... 5vso1buta1

that's what I ordered, my invoice says M70 as well but the front stub is definitely M64

it was the same price as well, I ordered the M70 because the M64 has a screw in barrel which makes building it harder(therefore more expensive to have it built). Plus the barrel on this one brings a new meaning to sewer pipe, it looks like it's actually growing something fuzzy :shock:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
catsailer40 said:
the 200 dollar kits were the M64 kits, at least that was my impression. or do they have the m70 kits for 200 too... im considering ordering more, pending the 2 that arrive friday. id love to get me about 5 built... that would be so sweet.
They had both listed for $200 but doesn't sound like they sorted them very well.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts