AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fixed stock stamped receiver and front and rear Yugo milled M70 stubs. I can mill the stubs to fit the receiver. Was thinking about gathering some parts for a pistol. Where would be, if any,a source to gather up barrel and short components for that style of build? Is the gas tube on an M92 the same length as a rifle ? I have seen the gas block on the M92 has the front sight. Was wondering about a source for that. Looks like Curtis has a 10" barrel. Just thinking out loud but figured somebody out there had thought about the same or probably done it.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Don't think that is going to work. How are you going to mate the milled pieces to the sheet metal receiver stubs?

Most of the M92 parts are not compatable with the stubs and parts you have.

Pic's of a M92 pistol built on a virgin M92 parts kit.

Here is a pic of a M92 parts kit notice all of the parts which are M92 only....

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Looks like the RSB from an M70 will need some work to shorten the overall length. Are the hand guards and gas tube the same length as an M70? If not I can use an M70 barrel and fashion a front sight with irons off the gas block or go with an optic. chop the barrel off and thread it for the flash hider ahead of the gas block. This is purely a truck gun so it will have different techniques used in the build. Probably all welded except for center support. No buttstock. I haven't laid it all out on the bench yet but it looks doable.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
M92 loose parts aren’t very common
They are all in kits or on guns .... stupidly Zastava refuses to sell parts.

Im going to do an sbr similar to what your talking about.
Im going to just use one of the common combo blocks that are available from the aftermarket and shorten rifle parts.
Im going to base it all on a M64 under folder receiver.
Im not even going to try tracking down all the shorty specific parts besides a short piston ... piston will guide the way.
It will tell me where the gas block lands ..... Then I’ll shorten a tube and hand guards to match.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
M92 loose parts aren’t very common
They are all in kits or on guns .... stupidly Zastava refuses to sell parts.

Im going to do an sbr similar to what your talking about.
Im going to just use one of the common combo blocks that are available from the aftermarket and shorten rifle parts.
Im going to base it all on a M64 under folder receiver.
Im not even going to try tracking down all the shorty specific parts besides a short piston ... piston will guide the way.
It will tell me where the gas block lands ..... Then I’ll shorten a tube and hand guards to match.
Yes sir. Might be a little unicorn but it will work. I wasn't going to use any M92 parts. Just chop up odds and ends. Just thinking right now while my building has slowed up.....Are you speaking of a combo gas block? I haven't looked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts