AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for any information regarding the scope mount that was designed specifically for the M-64/Early M-70 series of rifles. I managed to snag a kit from Apex back when they still had them. Got it back from Turbo and he was able to preserve the original mount holes, so now I'm trying to see if it is feasible to source a mount or not. I know that at one point, a repro mount was available from Wise Lite Arms, but their website appears to be down currently and I'm not having much luck finding anything besides a couple of old forum posts.

Any information at all would be greatly appreciated.

·
Technical Advisor
15,512 Posts
If you source a Zastava arms manual for the M70 rifles there is information and pictures on various optics rails.

I have some pictures but not accessible at the present time

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen a picture of it posted on this forum in the past, it was some sort of proprietary mount for I believe a large night vision scope? I've been scouring google images, but anything that looks close turns out to be linked to the other ak forum, which is currently down or experiencing issues of some sort.

·
Technical Advisor
15,512 Posts
I have posted the pics etc on AKFILES.

Maybe not on this site., haven't searched.

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
I’ve got pictures but they are specific to the stamped receivers. There were multiple significantly different designs (and heights) over time.

·
Registered
781 Posts
My understanding is that the original "M64" rails were of a unique design to fit into the scalloped side of the M64 receiver... they worked with a mount with the same dimensions as that which would later be termed the M77 military mount. I think Wiselite's version had a few differences from the original, but were close duplicates. The original rail dimensions were a tad different than that of the M76 scope and were close, if not the same, as those used on the Mitchell M90s. Originally, a scoped M64A would have carried a NV scope, as I understand it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
M70/M64 rail>>> picture quality is poor but the manual is a reprint it appears.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cewpcNNy2MEUYw536
Ahh this appears to be the one that I was thinking of, matches the holes up on my receiver perfectly. Between this response and the one above it, looks like sourcing an original mount/scope will be all but impossible unless I can come across a Wiselite mount somewhere. Even then, no idea where I would source the correct scope.

Thanks all, not entirely the answer I was hoping for but I am at least glad to know now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts