AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Edit: New Thread - I am going to market a new oil and call it Guardian LP (not sure yet). I have a jug on the way so I can pass out around twenty samples for you guys. Just post for a sample (if you are willing to let me know via post or PM how it worked for you). Here is a rough web page with additional info: Lubri-Kit.com - Lubricate and protect your guns.

I was talking with the aerospace lube manufacturers that make my EX greases a couple of weeks ago and the rep mentioned an oil that is a major improvement in protecting against corrosion. He told me if you were to spritz it on a handful full of metal shavings, put them in a plastic bag and bury it for three years, the shavings would be as good as the day you put them in the bag. I said send me some, so he did and I have been testing it on different rifles and other steel things in the garage. I put it on the garage door chain and that quieted it down big time. Anyway, I am thinking about marketing it as a gun lube but am still testing it. He sent me some technical data and a chart on a test they did. It was a third party testing company and compared the oil with others including wd-40 in a salt spray cabinet.
The test is ASTM B-117. Most of the others came out around 100 hours with WD-40 at 120 hrs and one made it to 233 hours. Their oil made it to 840 hours.
I compared it to known gun oils and it blows them away in this test, so I made my own chart with the numbers I could find from other manufacturers.
I asked them to give me some numbers on its lubricity as well so they are running a four ball scar test. The oil has Extreme Pressure and Anti Wear additives in it and he said it is a great lubricant as well. If the lubricant scar numbers come in comparable to other gun lubes I am going to start selling it. In combination with my EX-2 greases it will be unbeatable.

Here is the chart I made comparing this new lube to the ASTM B-117 Salt Spray Test numbers from other well known gun lubes:

lubechartweb.jpg

Sample List:
1. Campbell -received mailing info
2. JoMomma -received mailing info
3. Traak's -received mailing info
4. MRIman -received mailing info
5. Schultze -received mailing info
6. AK74-hero -received mailing info
7. mndale -received mailing info
8. Drewman -received mailing info
9. recon -received mailing info
10. St.Zu -received mailing info
11. barberl -received mailing info
12. Deadheadmatt -received mailing info
13. agentsteve -received mailing info
14. ClayC -received mailing info
15. TIU -received mailing info
16. garyparatrooper -received mailing info
17. jpg366 -received mailing info
18. Hawk45 -received mailing info
19. Magnet -received mailing info
20. Sierra175 -received mailing info
---------------------------------

·
Super Moderator
26,337 Posts
I'm in. I was really impressed with the grease.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I'll give it a try and post some results for you.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm gonna mail a sample to myself tomorrow to make sure it doesn't pop open or mess up en-route and then when the gallon jug shows up I will get the samples out to you guys.
Got room for more so go ahead and post for one if you want and PM me with mailing information.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I would like one! PM sent

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
I'll give it a shot if you like.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK guys, I got you on the list. Got room for six more.
Agentsteve, I was wondering about that myself and ran a quick test. I put a healthy layer on a steel blank and then let it sit for ten minutes. I put the blank with the lube in my garage oven at 300F for 15 minutes. I took it out and noticed no appreciable difference in the color or consistency. I might run it again for higher temps and longer durations but was glad to see the results. Anyone wanting to run a hundred rounds through their AR with it on their bolt and carrier let me know.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts