AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to shoot my Buckmark today. Very pleased. Got in at Academy Sporting Goods for $305. Thank goodness, the other gun stores I checked didn't have one. They probably would have been overpriced anyways.

Stainless camper version. Shot CCI mini-mags without a jam, ram a couple of mags of Remmington golden rounds. No jams. When I took it apart for cleaning I accidently popped off the recoil retaining ring. It is gone. I ordered 3 extra, an extra recoil spring, and an extra mag.

I want to try subsonic rounds next. Thanks for the advice given here.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wanted to order an extra retaining ring from Midway but they were sold out til Aug 9. Guess other people knock those things off too.

·
Super Moderator
10,321 Posts
One of my favorite pistols also. I inherited the one I have from my Grandfather. Many a dead squirrel and occasional **** have be shot with it.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I've been wanting one for some time now. Will you leave it stock or put a Tac Sol barrel on it? :cool:

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
I'm going to get one for my wife. She doesn't know it yet.
Which model would be the best for all around pinking?
5.5 bbl or 7.25?
Also are the URX models better than the regular ones?

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been wanting one for some time now. Will you leave it stock or put a Tac Sol barrel on it?
I really want one of those 4 inch threaded Tac Sol barrels. Though I am pretty happy with the current barrel.

I'm going to get one for my wife. She doesn't know it yet.
Which model would be the best for all around pinking?
5.5 bbl or 7.25?
Also are the URX models better than the regular ones?
I like my 5.5 barrel. Mine has the Ultra Grip RX grips, feels real comfortable in my hand. Would be cool if all my pistols had identical grips, but you can't have everthing I guess.

I have only fired about 140 rounds. Happy so far. Only complaint is I have difficulty seperating the plastic firing pin housing from the slide. I try lifting the recoil rod to get it out, but I am worried I am gonna break something. I am sure I will get it figured out though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts