AK Rifles banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Through the marvels of Facebook an ex girlfriend I have not seen for years friends me. I see pictures of her just turned 24 year old daughter,who looks a lot like my daughters, now real long story short and my having a rare blood type and she has the same I'm pretty sure she's mine, well anyways the young lady was asking about her real father etc and I would guess is the reason why she looked me up on facebook.
The kicker is she's married and 8 months pregnant.
I'm still kind of in shock and a bit pissed that I missed out on this girls life.
Anyways I have my number and told her if the daughter would like to get in touch I'm here.
Now wondering how to tell the wife and kids.
My father used to have a saying about women that's pretty crude and would end with a bounty being put on all women that I'm begenning to agree with.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Oh man....
Congrats?

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL. I guess.
Just needed to share some where's .

·
Registered
22,613 Posts
DNA test.

·
Super Moderator
10,328 Posts
Just me and as 10Gauge mention, get a DNA test and go from there. I would not get your current wife and kids worked up and over something that may pan out to not be yours in the end.

Also, when she asking about her "real father", was there some other guy playing that part for the last 24 years thinking he was the real father?

My advice is to take it slow and get your ducks in a row with medical confirmation before you make an emotional investment and get your current family involved.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Thats awesome. Never knew my real parents so I think its cool in all sorts of ways. I always had this kind of hole that could not be filled, because everybody wants to know who there people are. I hope this is a positive experience for you both congratulations.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Best of luck. I'd probably be monumentally pissed if an old GF told me a few swimmers got past and I got left out of the whole deal, but it sounds like you have a rare opportunity here. I hope you are able to make the best of it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Maury will do some testing ... Sounds like it is made for T.V. (Joke) Have to smile.. Hope it all works. I agree about get some testing if it is your child it will work out and your wife will understand that you had a past before you meet her.

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
Through the marvels of Facebook an ex girlfriend I have not seen for years friends me. I see pictures of her just turned 24 year old daughter,who looks a lot like my daughters, now real long story short and my having a rare blood type and she has the same I'm pretty sure she's mine, well anyways the young lady was asking about her real father etc and I would guess is the reason why she looked me up on facebook.
The kicker is she's married and 8 months pregnant.
I'm still kind of in shock and a bit pissed that I missed out on this girls life.
Anyways I have my number and told her if the daughter would like to get in touch I'm here.
Now wondering how to tell the wife and kids.
My father used to have a saying about women that's pretty crude and would end with a bounty being put on all women that I'm begenning to agree with.
Contact your attorney for a thorough discussion...don't guess this is the reason why she looked you up..protect your immediate family..one small step at a time..it has been 24 years!

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
This actually happened to my neighbor. Almost the exact same thing.

Basically, someone contacted in via FB who turned out to be a son he never knew he had. I guess the son was having some health problems so he was looking for his birth father to plug in some details. My neighbor (who had 2 kids, and 2 grandkids at the time) was pretty surprised to say the least. His wife wasn't very excited about it but it happened before they met. Long story short, he picked up a son, daughter-in-law, and 3 new grand kids. Everything worked out and they visit each other for holidays.

Good luck and hope it all works out well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts