AK Rifles banner

which would you choose?

  • 5.45 that ships in crate for more money

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5.45 that ships without crate for less money

    Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i am considering 2 places, for 2 different reasons.

the first is aim surplus. they have been good to me, even though i dislike their ID for ammo policy. anyways, they have the russian 5.45 for 266.52 shipped to my door for a crate. it comes with the wooden crate too, which i really like. that is the main reason i am considering them.


second is wideners. they are closer to me, and have a cheaper price by a few bucks... however, they refuse to ship in the wooden crate. that i dont like. however, its only 249 shipped to my door for 2160.


which would you choose?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,749 Posts
i use AIM for my ammo purchases because they "normally" beat out the other dealers on price and cost per round shipped. and there ID policy is hard to beat lol, i took a pic of my DL and emailed it to them lol. most other dealers want it faxed in or what not.

i would go with AIM, get the wooden crate. i have a couple wooden bulgarian crates when they where still carying the bulgarian 5,45.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,385 Posts
I'd go with Widener's. A crate is nice, but it's not worth $17.52. It will store just fine inside the tin. I remember years ago a large ammo dealer at a gun show gave a friend and me a couple of crates so that he wouldn't have to haul them off. Soon afterward, he figured out that he could charge people for them. No more free ones.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but what about when i need to move them? i can carry 2 crates, one in each hand and still run fairly easily. i couldnt do that with 4 tins. not saying i would NEED to, but they stack nicer. i have 9 crates of 54r stacked nicely in my "gun closet"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,284 Posts
I would go with the cheaper ammo price..that is just me though. Save the money and by another part or mag down the line... Of course if you really need the crate the 17 so dollars might be worth it to you.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
brownstown said:
I would go with the cheaper ammo price..that is just me though. Save the money and by another part or mag down the line... Of course if you really need the crate the 17 so dollars might be worth it to you.
i love the crates. tough choice. i really dont like wideners as much, they have a wierd policy on reloading stuff and surrounding states, and also too high of tax to make it worthwhile to pickup in store.

its 5 dollars difference in shipping alone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,522 Posts
Cat,
You obviously want the crate so buy from AIM.
Running with two crates, those things are HEAVY, good luck. My UPS man was having a hard time carrying one. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,749 Posts
does R guns ship in the crate? there price per crate is cheaper than AIM i beleve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,385 Posts
I also think that running with the crates is unrealistic. If the situation is that bad, you're going to need to be shootin'. Women and children need to be able to carry the ammo. The crates would be too heavy for them. Individual tins are more thier size. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,970 Posts
I bought a tin of 'russian' from Wideners a few weeks ago, what I got was a tin of Bulgarian that someone had already partially opened - quite sloppily I might add. I didn't make a stink about it, because I had planned to open it up for practice ammo anyway, but that's the only place that has ever sent me a damaged tin and I've ordered from 3 or 4 other net places.

You can run around with a crate of 5.45 in each hand? Where - on the moon?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,749 Posts
lol i just thought he was a bad ass, i was like damm i must be a pussy if i cant run with a crate of 5,45 in my hand :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,028 Posts
:lol: at the crate transport.

Yes, to date all my orders from RGuns have shown up in the crates.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bret said:
I also think that running with the crates is unrealistic. If the situation is that bad, you're going to need to be shootin'. Women and children need to be able to carry the ammo. The crates would be too heavy for them. Individual tins are more thier size. :wink:
my mom can barely hold an ak up, much less a tin of ammo. id most likely be on my own. my dad is a hippy and would probably refuse to put up a fight lol
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
vatolocal said:
Cat,
You obviously want the crate so buy from AIM.
Running with two crates, those things are HEAVY, good luck. My UPS man was having a hard time carrying one. :wink:
your ups man needs to hit the gym. :lol:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SD01 said:
I bought a tin of 'russian' from Wideners a few weeks ago, what I got was a tin of Bulgarian that someone had already partially opened - quite sloppily I might add. I didn't make a stink about it, because I had planned to open it up for practice ammo anyway, but that's the only place that has ever sent me a damaged tin and I've ordered from 3 or 4 other net places.

You can run around with a crate of 5.45 in each hand? Where - on the moon?
i didnt say at full speed... and yeah. if i can do it with 2 crates of 54r, most likely i can with 2 crates of 5.45. im a big dude and i lift... there should be no problems. heck, my SHTF backpack already weighs in at 65lbs, plus the rifle slung across my back, the pistol in the holster, and the shotgun across the chest. yeah, i move fairly slow but it would only be temporary. id only carry whats needed once to the car. but thats neither here nor there.


i ended up buying from aim. wideners wouldnt even give me a shipping quote on 5 crates. they probably want to gouge me on shipping. aim gave me a very reasonable rate, and i get the crates. i can always use those after the ammo is gone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,970 Posts
catsailer40 said:
SD01 said:
I bought a tin of 'russian' from Wideners a few weeks ago, what I got was a tin of Bulgarian that someone had already partially opened - quite sloppily I might add. I didn't make a stink about it, because I had planned to open it up for practice ammo anyway, but that's the only place that has ever sent me a damaged tin and I've ordered from 3 or 4 other net places.

You can run around with a crate of 5.45 in each hand? Where - on the moon?
i didnt say at full speed... and yeah. if i can do it with 2 crates of 54r, most likely i can with 2 crates of 5.45. im a big dude and i lift... there should be no problems. heck, my SHTF backpack already weighs in at 65lbs, plus the rifle slung across my back, the pistol in the holster, and the shotgun across the chest. yeah, i move fairly slow but it would only be temporary. id only carry whats needed once to the car. but thats neither here nor there.


i ended up buying from aim. wideners wouldnt even give me a shipping quote on 5 crates. they probably want to gouge me on shipping. aim gave me a very reasonable rate, and i get the crates. i can always use those after the ammo is gone.
damn dude - I hope nobody is chasing you with that kind of gear load - but like you said that's neither here nor there.

AIM is a good business. I ordered from them this morning too.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SD01 said:
catsailer40 said:
SD01 said:
I bought a tin of 'russian' from Wideners a few weeks ago, what I got was a tin of Bulgarian that someone had already partially opened - quite sloppily I might add. I didn't make a stink about it, because I had planned to open it up for practice ammo anyway, but that's the only place that has ever sent me a damaged tin and I've ordered from 3 or 4 other net places.

You can run around with a crate of 5.45 in each hand? Where - on the moon?
i didnt say at full speed... and yeah. if i can do it with 2 crates of 54r, most likely i can with 2 crates of 5.45. im a big dude and i lift... there should be no problems. heck, my SHTF backpack already weighs in at 65lbs, plus the rifle slung across my back, the pistol in the holster, and the shotgun across the chest. yeah, i move fairly slow but it would only be temporary. id only carry whats needed once to the car. but thats neither here nor there.


i ended up buying from aim. wideners wouldnt even give me a shipping quote on 5 crates. they probably want to gouge me on shipping. aim gave me a very reasonable rate, and i get the crates. i can always use those after the ammo is gone.
damn dude - I hope nobody is chasing you with that kind of gear load - but like you said that's neither here nor there.

AIM is a good business. I ordered from them this morning too.
i really just prefer it for ease of transporting, i guess thats what i should have said. i dont want to make multiple trips to and from my car, if i had to move the stuff from my house. i guess, that is the end point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
236 Posts
heartbreakridge01 said:
does R guns ship in the crate? there price per crate is cheaper than AIM i beleve
I've bought from R-GUNS and they did ship in crate.Cost;$260 to my door.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top