AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I emailed Tantal about buying one of his sets with a rail about 2 weeks ago and still haven't gotten a reply, anyone else know of a good source?

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
there is a member right now selling AK-74 uppers and lowers with russian bakalite pistol grips in the maket place. I think he still has some sets left.

member is 12thwisconisn looks like he got sold out of his wood **edit today..8-20-08

member Catalystx...just posted a set of AK-74s russian wood

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I've e-mailed tantal several times over the last month and have yet to get a response either.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
stingfish said:
dont buy from rusmilitary.

neither of the hand guard sets ive purchased were as advertised. i had to refinish both sets my self. im so pissed i paid for that crap.
Where the Hg in the "green" so to speak? What condition where they in when you got them? What was the problem with them? I have always had good stuff from Oleg..would love to hear what your problems where.

·
Registered
192 Posts
As for now, The AK74 HGs, Rusmilitary.com has are brand new/un-issued.
They are absolutely right!

I just ordered another pair(they are out of the vented/grooved sets).

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
So whats the word on rusmilitary are they good to go? I was just planning on ordering one of the polymer folding stocks and rear trunions w/ hardware, would you guys recommend them?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
xcibes said:
rusmilittary = very good. I've ordered a lot of stuff from them.....always get what I want as advertised
Same here. Always satisfied with their product.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i ordered them 6 months ago or so. wood AK-74 wooden handguards advertised then as "Deep red color" when i received them, the wood looked like the color of a yugo sks AND the upper didn't even match the color of the lower, both looked like crap.

i was so mad b/c i paid premium for these and decided to by from oleg instead of tantal b/c i didnt get a follow up from him re: a price quote. turns out tantal was out of pocket on vacation or something. i finally got a price list but it was too late.

either way, i was stoked thinking i was getting a killer deep red handguard set for my new bulgy only to be disappointed. before sending oleg a note, i research other forums and found others having the same expierence.

now that is why i said what i did re: his handguards. thrust me, i didnt want to say it but admit i am still a little pissed about it. i just need to let it go.

either way, posting pics of my recent project in the refinished forum this evening. check'em out.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ended up ordering a set from Rusmilitary (before I read the last post), when they show up I'll post pics, I'll cross my fingers. I would've waited for some to show up on the marketplace but I'm heading home on leave, and and trying to get my 74 off to a builder before I'm back in A-stan, so I'm under a time hack.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Doug has been hospitalized again due to some health related issues and this is why many emails have not been answered. I do not know him personally but I have ordered from him many times in the past. Tantal has always selected the best items for me and shipped them very quickly.

I recently submitted an order to Doug and it took about two or more weeks for him to respond. If you are still looking for items please try sending him another email. During our email exchage, Tantal was more concerned about the delays with his business than his present health condition. If you order or send email be patient he will eventually get back to you.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
russ

Doug has been having health problem's but he is 100% Russ military has always been right on with no problems on shipping.The bad set you got might have been left overs, i know he just got a new supply of wood.I ordered a 74 butt stock with the rubber but plate it was perfect & quite rare.He did advertise as back order, but got it as soon as he got them in.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got in contact with Doug a few days ago, and am about to do an order with him for alotta other stuff. I just wish I had been a little more patient so I could've ordered everything at once.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Any talk to Doug at Rusmilitary and found out when they were going to get some more of the vented and grooved 74 handguards in?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Oleg said that thy were out of the non-vented as well and forgot to update the site. He did say they were expecting more next week. :neutral:

...........I hope.

·
Registered
103 Posts
after some thought, i strike my original reply. in short, i've come to a realization.

there aren't many online vendors that support our demand for authentic soviet hardware such as hard to find handguards and parts of such. my purchase may have not met my expectations but i should not have said what i said. it seems others have had exceedingly well products from this vendor.

ill try them again, in all we need these vendors around. there will come a day when much of this hard to find hardware is even harder to find. then we all miss out.

in support of our passion for soviet and eastern collections.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts