AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I am new to the forums here and thought the mags would be a great place to start, I recently picked up a really nice but really fugly Arsenal SLR-101s ban variation AK with the thumbhole stock which is of course limited to the single-stack mags. I spent a fair amount of time over the last week searching the net for 20-round mags and it seems that they do exist and someone manufactured them for a while some years back but I cannot find any examples for sale or even photos of one so I am wondering if in fact they do exist or if no one ever made a 20-round single stack.
If you can provide any info please do.....and hell if you have one and would sell it let me know lol....

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Never heard of single stack above 10 rounds. If someone did make them it was probably aftermarket and didn't sell well, or at all, and that why your not seeing any.

·
Registered
855 Posts
only 10 rounders....Change your avatar I was here first lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was getting that feeling as I have been searching out something larger than 10 rounds. Occasionally you will see someone reference a 20-round single stack mag on forums and such as I am looking. I did think about having the magwell milled out to accept the larger mags but then again I really like the idea of leaving the rifle close to original by changing out the ugly thumbhole stock and just enjoying it. I found a company called Two-River Arms and they said they do the single-stack to double-stack conversion quite often and they seem to be pretty reasonably priced as well at $75 plus shipping both ways.....

PS- I would have changed it when I saw the same one anyhow lol....I like to be different.

Reactions: njkalashnikov

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
I was getting that feeling as I have been searching out something larger than 10 rounds. Occasionally you will see someone reference a 20-round single stack mag on forums and such as I am looking. I did think about having the magwell milled out to accept the larger mags but then again I really like the idea of leaving the rifle close to original by changing out the ugly thumbhole stock and just enjoying it. I found a company called Two-River Arms and they said they do the single-stack to double-stack conversion quite often and they seem to be pretty reasonably priced as well at $75 plus shipping both ways.....

PS- I would have changed it when I saw the same one anyhow lol....I like to be different.
Technically you're leaving it altered, not original. It had to be altered to import. Original would be no buttbhole stock and double stack

Two Rivers is a member here. The owner is a Steve Russell, an Oklahoma Congressman and retired Lt. Col. US Army

1 - 5 of 5 Posts