AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are supposed to be made with Bulgarian receivers and us barrels, can anyone tell me about them?

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
I'd rather take US receivers and Bulgarian barrels.

IO has always been hit or miss with their AKs. And looking at this one....you get an extra 922 compliant AK with what I count as a total of 7 imported parts but why couldnt they change out the stock set and piston for a real magazine instead of tapco? And technically its still compliant as it is and with a surplus mag. A surplus mag adds 3 more imported parts which brings the count to 10...which is still compliant. Or a US receiver and a Bulgy Barrel? They got the name right, BS 74.

That being said, it will most likely shoot just fine and it seems to have been built in Bulgaria and not by some US monkeys (Lets hope Bulgaria isnt outsorcing to some monkeys as well). For a lot of shooting and with surplus ammo I would still prefer a milspec barrel.

Based on the majority of possitive comments I've heard about WaffenWorks I'd recomand you take a look at their AK74

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
The receivers are imported from Bulgaria unassembled in single stack configuration. Find any current production 5.45 rifle, other than Arsenal, that is available with anything other than a US made barrel. IO is using barrels made by Mossberg. They aren't chrome lined, but the ones I've built on turned out well. Hammer forged, chrome lined barrels are always preferred, but until someone starts making them in the US I don't foresee many production rifles being available with them.

Nathan

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
The receivers are imported from Bulgaria unassembled in single stack configuration. Find any current production 5.45 rifle, other than Arsenal, that is available with anything other than a US made barrel. IO is using barrels made by Mossberg. They aren't chrome lined, but the ones I've built on turned out well. Hammer forged, chrome lined barrels are always preferred, but until someone starts making them in the US I don't foresee many production rifles being available with them.

Nathan
And thats why I mentioned WaffenWorks

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Show me where Waffen Werks is not using US made barrels. They are chrome lined, but still US made. The first few I've heard had original barrels, but none of their current production. I've recommended Waffen Werks rifles to numerous people and have personally sold a couple in a local shop, but you have to sell them as what they are.

Nathan

·
Registered
664 Posts
If your looking for a double headache,order one.
The rifle is built with a non chrome U.S. barrel.No side rail scope.I've seen two ads about their receivers.Their site says,Bulgy receiver.The other I saw said it was a U.S. receiver.

The side folder is either a romy,or East German variety.I.O.,or R.T.whatever they are called are well known for their shit AK builds,and I feel sorry for anyone that has to send their gun back for product warranty,or repairs.Their customer service sucks big time.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Show me where Waffen Werks is not using US made barrels. They are chrome lined, but still US made. The first few I've heard had original barrels, but none of their current production. I've recommended Waffen Werks rifles to numerous people and have personally sold a couple in a local shop, but you have to sell them as what they are.

Nathan
GD it. Im saying that IF you are going to get a US rifle LOOK AT WAFFENWORKS because OF THE GOOD REVIEWS.

No where did I mention anything about waffenworks barrels. Just BASED ON Reviews. ....

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a Waffen Werks gun that I enjoy. I just would like to add a bulgy made Ak with chrome barrel it appears this one won't be the one until someone or many people confirm it is a good build.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts