AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always been a traditionalist when it comes to AKs, but I have acquired a milled 5.45 Firing Line receiver(side folder) and have decided to build an ATAS AK. I will be using a 105 front end, but am looking for ideas/advice on a rail system to use. Any ideas? Advice? Pics?

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
Are you sure you want to run a full length rail to replace the handguards?

If so, I know Katar was fairly happy with the Ultimak lower rail in conjunction with the Ultimak upper.

It'll add some weight and bulk though.

I've been really happy with just the Ultimak gas tube rail, it allows me to mount an Aimpoint T-1 and a Surefire G2, and isn't very bulky or add any serious weight to the rifle.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Templar said:
Are you sure you want to run a full length rail to replace the handguards?

If so, I know Katar was fairly happy with the Ultimak lower rail in conjunction with the Ultimak upper.

It'll add some weight and bulk though.

I've been really happy with just the Ultimak gas tube rail, it allows me to mount an Aimpoint T-1 and a Surefire G2, and isn't very bulky or add any serious weight to the rifle.
No...not sure about anything yet. Just looking for suggestions/ideas at this point. I like your 106, but since i was going with somewhat of an unconventional build, I was thinking about a complete rail system. The milled receiver will allready add some weight(which i like) but I don't want it to be front heavy.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I would say that the UltiMAK is the best of the current breed, but it is heavy. Supposedly UltiMAK is working on a lighter variant.

Here's a previous incarnation of a 12.5" 5.56mm:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts