AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a bayonet that can be used as a knife also. Do they make this things? MV out!

·
Registered
488 Posts
MontanaVet said:
I am looking for a bayonet that can be used as a knife also. Do they make this things? MV out!
Nothing wrong with the AK blade bayonets...any of them.

They are stainless & a bowie-like style. A standard or wire cutter version make a nice "user" knife.

Here is a one on my Norinco 84S (.223) AK.

You should be able to find one in the $15-$25 range.

Lollygagger :smile:

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
The current issue Bulgarian ones look like they would make a good general purpose knife. They are about $25 delivered.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Romanian? Cheap and almost sharp NIB. I should have been more specific. I know what you mean, my Bulgarian is one fat bastard.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Bayonets aren't meant to be sharp like a knife, unfortunatly.

·
Registered
474 Posts
AS I do agree with greentimber, My car wasn't "meant" to have
245 hp either. One less thing to carry when the SHTF is a bonus, IMO.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Greentimber said:
Certainly correct.

They were intended to be used in penetrating by thrust, not "cutting". The thrust is much more lethal and does not require a sharp edge. The historical association for the bayonet is not a knife -but a PIKE.

Almost any bayonet would have to require a great deal of sharpening to be used as a knife.

Bayonets (some) from a earlier era are more adaptable in this respect...

Like the Spanish Mauser "Bolo" bayonet.

Lollygagger :neutral:

·
Registered
621 Posts
We used our bayos more as tools in iraq. We threw them into plywood targets. Used them to dig, chop wood, all sorts of stuff. Most of them had broken tips..and blades that wouldnt even cut.....But they made for one hell of a hacking and jabbing tool. The more ripped and tore than cut anything........Unfortunately we never got to use them on any person.....

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I went to the bayonet obstacle course it was, STROKE, SLASH, THRUST. It is hard to slash without a sharp blade. Muscle memory stuff. And.. the Ak bayonet is on backwards. Besides, this might be good to keep the neighbors from stealing your stuff during a food riot. :smile: MV out!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I think the AK47 bayonet is on the coeect way (not upside down)

You are going to have your left arm in front (usually) and if the rifle is low and you bring it up, the blade is first and will cut nicely and you'd have great leverage to rip a quite large hole / tear

Then on the down stroke, you'll be delivering a saw tooth and pointed tip, neither would feel nice.

The bayon design also works to stab, and since bayonets are designed to F you up, not slice nice parts off of you, the AK bayo is one of the most nasty.. IMHO

Thats's my $.02 on that

·
Registered
824 Posts
SimonovsDog said:
Lollygagger said:
Greentimber said:
Certainly correct.

They were intended to be used in penetrating by thrust, not "cutting".

So, by that rationale, my pecker is a bayonet!!?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ah, you kids and your crazy logic these days... :lol:

-GreatWarAZ

1 - 16 of 16 Posts