AK Rifles banner

Looking at a Zastava N-PAP Underfolder

25K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  ezveedub 
#1 ·
Atlantic Firearms has the Zastava N-PAP Underfolders in stock.

I have a thing about underfolders and was wondering if anyone has one of these and would like to share their impressions.

Thanks!

#11 ·
The old "preban" Mitchell Arms imports did not have the Grenade launcher gas block either... And according to the Zastava website, a non GL gas block is an option for Military guns as well...

Whats really interesting is that the 'slabside" versions were never imported....... And, combined with parts from the pistol, would make a great SBR..

#17 ·
Atlantic, how did Century pull this off? Certainly these rifles were not brought in as underfolders. Were the folders fixed somehow and Century modified them to fold? Or, did they come in as pistols? Or, was the rear trunnion replaced by Century? When will you have them back in stock?

#19 ·
There are no videos of these N-PAP underfolders on Youtube. I'm really surprised about the lack of exposure for what seems to be a Yugo factory underfolder. From the pictures, it looks good. However, I know that Century's involved, so I'm wary. Is that for sure a Yugo underfolding stock? It would really be nice to hear firsthand from someone who has purchased one.

#20 · (Edited)
Bret, I got this one from Atlantic Firearms from the 2nd batch they had come in about three weeks ago. They had a first batch of them right before Christmas and those sold quick, as did the 2nd batch of them. Although I think the two batch's of them were not all that many, as the serial number on mine is 147 and it came from the 2nd batch that Atlantic had, there is just not that many out there yet. It is a factory folder, shoots very well and has good balance, it feels lighter than it is. The fit and finish on mine is beautiful, everything is str8 and tight and fits like it should. The front site came centered between the ears and it shoots point blank dead center out the box, the barrel is non-chrome lined, I'm sure you already know that. Its just a matter of time till someone does a video, I'm just not into doing those things. I will say that I like it so much, that I'm saving to buy another in a couple weeks Firearm Gun Trigger Air gun Airsoft
Gun Airsoft Airsoft gun Trigger Recreation
Gun Firearm Trigger Rifle Air gun
For some reason the pictures are not uploading as crisp as they really are, but its better than nothing

#23 ·
Bret, I got this one from Atlantic Firearms from the 2nd batch they had come in about three weeks ago. They had a first batch of them right before Christmas and those sold quick, as did the 2nd batch of them. Although I think the two batch's of them were not all that many, as the serial number on mine is 147 and it came from the 2nd batch that Atlantic had, there is just not that many out there yet. It is a factory folder, shoots very well and has good balance, it feels lighter than it is. The fit and finish on mine is beautiful, everything is str8 and tight and fits like it should. The front site came centered between the ears and it shoots point blank dead center out the box, the barrel is non-chrome lined, I'm sure you already know that. Its just a matter of time till someone does a video, I'm just not into doing those things. I will say that I like it so much, that I'm saving to buy another in a couple weeks View attachment 2837 View attachment 2838 View attachment 2839 For some reason the pictures are not uploading as crisp as they really are, but its better than nothing
You have #147 and I had #148, but mine came directly from Century. Fit and finish were good on mine, EXCEPT, the rear leaf sight was crooked and it appears to be the sight mounting block on mine was not milled properly, which made the sight sit off to the right pretty bad.

#21 ·
usmcbuck, thanks for the information and pictures. Can you tell what the sec922(r) compliance parts are? I'm guessing the pistol grip, the fire control group (3), and the slant brake. It's the final one that I'm uncertain about. I'm thinking it has to be the handguards or gas piston. Does the gas piston wobble or not?

#22 ·
You are correct with those, and yes the last is the US gas piston and it has the proper amount of movement on the one I have, they did a good job of it actually. There are 3 other men over on the files that I know of that have bought one also and they seem to be happy, nothing negative has been posted yet. Also the wood will come unfinished, all that's needed is light sanding and finish of your choice.

#27 ·
Just diving into the AK world so I'm still a newbie at all this, but I just put this gun on layaway. It was listed as "PAP M70AB2 Underfolder." It appears to have the bulged trunion and grenade launcher gas block. Is this correct? I'm still learning all the nomenclature, so hopefully I'm talking about the right things here. I won't have the gun for some time, so the Gunbroker pics are all I have to go on right now.

Firearm Gun Trigger Rifle Assault rifle

#28 · (Edited)
Just diving into the AK world so I'm still a newbie at all this, but I just put this gun on layaway. It was listed as "PAP M70AB2 Underfolder." It appears to have the bulged trunion and grenade launcher gas block. Is this correct? I'm still learning all the nomenclature, so hopefully I'm talking about the right things here. I won't have the gun for some time, so the Gunbroker pics are all I have to go on right now.

View attachment 3123
That's not the N-PAP that the OP was referring to. That's a Yugo M70AB2 built from demilled parts with a US barrel and reciever. The N-PAP DF (underfold) is a new built AK47 with CHF barrel and Serbian receiver. The new production Zastava AKs don't have grenade launcher gas block cutoffs and bayonet lugs like your M70AB2 though as well front and rear sights with option for tritium night sight vials. All the M70AB2 parts have dead or empty spots for the tritium vials, or just painted over rear flip up night sights.

#33 ·
You could possibly do that, but finding a folding stock now is not easy, as most of them get snatched up for M92/M85 SBR builds. You would need the folding stock with locking parts and rear trunnion on a PAP rifle and possibly fill in the rivet holes if the trunnion rivet holes are in different locations. On a milled receiver, that wouldn't be feasible without welding up the back of the receiver to fill in the the stock opening and/or cutting off any tangs for the stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.