AK Rifles banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look who I hung out with a Wally World on Saturday!

I went to Walmart to pick up some food for dinner and I see this life size cutout of Gunny greeting me when I walk in the door.
I read the sign and Holy Shit it say's he is making a personal appearance at the store from 10:00 until 3:00. I look at my "watch" and it is 9:40 am.
Sooo I look around and lo and behold there goes Gunny walking down the aisle and heading out the front door with a body guard/handler.
Being the big fan that I am I followed them out the door and walked up to Gunny and said hello and asked his handler if he could take a picture for me.
So of course the handler got his finger in the way on the first shot, so I nicely asked him to take another.

So then I head on back inside the store and get in line to have him autograph a few pictures for me and my son. I also got him to sign my Texas Hunting License.
Turns out that he was there promoting Sog products like Machetes and Knives and would inscribe any SOG product that you bought that day.
Turned out to be a fun day at Wally World......even if they were still out of 22 ammo.

·
Registered
22,613 Posts
R. Lee Ermey is my personal hero. I met him once years ago and got him to sign a couple things for me. Super nice guy... shorter than I imagined though.

I had a picture taken with him but something went awry with the camera.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I don't admire very many people. But he has my respect. He is the man!

Also the man deserved better than to be put in front of the womens section with all of those low prices signs behind him.
And that "Faded Glory" sign really is a kick in the pants to the man.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I watched 'the boys in company C' the other day for the first time since the 80's I think. It hasn't held up well...seems quite dated and campy. R. Lee was entertaining though and I had totally forgotten he was in it.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
I don't admire very many people. But he has my respect. He is the man!

Also the man deserved better than to be put in front of the womens section with all of those low prices signs behind him.
And that "Faded Glory" sign really is a kick in the pants to the man.
He does deserve better. I often wonder why some actors choose to go do stuff like this rather than work on a TV show or something. Surely there is a sitcom out there in need of a cantankerous guy in his 60's to play the Grandpa or grumpy neighbor? Not knowing a lot about showbiz, maybe this is harder than it sounds.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I got to meet him when I was in Iraq in 2008.

DSCN4293.JPG

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I shoke his hand at kcr when he was walking around the sale barn, filming footage for his show.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I met him at a grand opening of a cabelas waited about 2hrs cuz i got there late thinking there couldnt be that many people wanting to meet him...WRONG!. He was super cool he autographed a copy of FMJ and my m16a1 buttstock he asked what i was building and we chatted about guns for a bit. He gave a challenge coin to a guy who had saved a life size cut out of him from being thrown in the trash lol. Super cool guy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts