AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

THS found this little gem in a gun store near him. If I have the story right he walked in about the time a gentleman was dropping it off for consigment. Numbers all match on the rifle, bayonet, & box.

Unfortunately, the pictures do not do this rifle ANY justice. It's fit is unreal. It's finish is perfect. I'm just not sure how to store this thing? I'll keep it in the box for now.

Hey, how can I get my new tapco stock to install on this rifle? Can someone help me out? :roflmao:

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Sweet! Have to change your name to Travis The Hunter. Looks like and early PTI Sile import? I do have A Tapco & Saw pistol grip for the whole thing. Nice find! Great box!

·
Registered
500 Posts
It was meant to be........very cool, too bad you won't want to take it out and blast a few thousand rounds downrange though!

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Elokoman said:
It was meant to be........very cool, too bad you won't want to take it out and blast a few thousand rounds downrange though!
Nope. This will stay NIB. I have a full safe of other AK's to shoot. If you could see this rifle you would agree it's better to keep it in the box.
:wink:

·
Registered
100 Posts
TravisAasen said:
vit said:
Very nice!
What store was it at?
Vit
He found it in a IL gun store. He may chime in.

And chime in I will. I found it at Midwest Sporting Goods in Downers Grove, Illinois. Old guy was walking out, I was walking in, saw the guys logging it in and fondling it, had them stick it in back for me. He was asking $1200 for it on consignment, so I had them call him with an offer, a pay in full right now offer, and he took it. I brought the thing home, fondled it some more, and then suddenly realized:

I can't justify shooting this thing, but the temptation was so strong, so so strong, so I decided to sell it for other things rather than live with the curse....

You know....

The curse of having a beautiful woman, naked in front of you, wanting you to do the things you want to do to her, but for whatever the reason you can't, or won't.

I feel like although I gave up quite a beautiful piece, and could not live with firing it considering it's condition and what it is,

AT LEAST I GOT TO FINGERBANG IT FOR A WHILE!!!!!

(Sorry Travis, I did wipe it clean when I was done with it) :wink:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
there is no surprise to me here. I have dealt with THS several times and my most recent purchase was right before this folder. I was lucky enough to have THS contact me and sell me a polytech AKS762. it was in better condition than he described. he had said it was fired, if it had 30 rounds down the pipe I would be surprised. as Travis now knows THS is a great guy , with an eye for great firearms! great score travis, but I already shot mine! :mrgreen: and no one should ever hesitate to deal with THS!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts