AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articl ... id=1279682

Grease-gun injury to the penis

S Kalsi, BSc MRCS, M Arya, MB FRCS, J Peters, MB FRCS (Urol), S Minhas, MD FRCS, and D J Ralph, MD FRCS (Urol)
Institute of Urology and Nephrology, 48 Riding House Street, London W1P 7NN, UK
Correspondence to: Mr J S Kalsi E-mail: [email protected]
CASE HISTORY
COMMENT
References

Accidental high-pressure injection of oils—grease-gun injury—has become increasingly common. We report a non-accidental variant.

CASE HISTORY

At age 31 a man used a high-pressure pneumatic grease-gun to inject his penis in the hope of increasing its girth. Unfortunately the width continued to increase and he also developed erectile dysfunction. He sought urological advice 7 years after the initial incident.

On examination the penis was grossly deformed with areas of nodular subcutaneous thickening. An MRI scan, performed after intracavernosal injection of 5 μg prostaglandin E1, showed marked thickening of the penile skin and subcutaneous tissue with areas of calcification and globules of grease. There was no involvement of the corpora cavernosa or corpus spongiosum (Figure 1).
Figure 1 Figure 1
Sagittal T2 weighted, fat-saturation penile MRI image (after intravenous contrast)

The affected subcutaneous tissue and globules of grease were excised in a staged procedure over three separate admissions. On histological examination the specimens showed extensive fibrosis and foreign-body granulomatous changes. Six months postoperatively, the patient had regained erectile function sufficient to permit sexual intercourse.

CASE HISTORY

For over a century people have attempted to embellish the human body by injecting various oils beneath the skin1. Injection of the penis with material such as paraffin and Vaseline, to increase its circumference, has been particularly seen in South-east Asia2, 3. In addition, the subcutaneous self-implantation of spherical objects in the penis is a well-known practice among members of the Yakuza in Japan. Increased sexual confidence is a major reason for these implantations, which are usually performed under primitive conditions4. Complications, which are frequent, include penile deformity, necrosis/ulceration of the skin, erectile dysfunction and inability to have intercourse2.

Accidental injuries with high-pressure devices such as grease-guns most commonly affect the hand and fingers and pose a therapeutic challenge for the surgeon. Their severity is related to the nature, pressure, volume and toxicity of the injected substance. The major hazard of this injury is a toxic oedema followed by ischaemia, causing gangrene4.

We have not found any previous report of a self-inflicted high-pressure grease-gun injection into the penis. In this case the extent of tissue damage was difficult to establish, but MRI clearly showed that underlying corpora were not involved; thus all affected subcutaneous tissue could be excised without damage to normal tissue. Staging of the procedure was necessary to minimize the risk of devascularization of the overlying skin. As in all cases of self-injection, a referral for psychological counselling was warranted.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
People are stupid... :lol:

WTF was he thinking??

KyAKGuy

·
Registered
21,883 Posts
machineguneddie said:
KyAKGuy said:
People are stupid... :lol:

WTF was he thinking??

KyAKGuy
Girth :lol:
he should listen to country music instead...

isnt there a famous singer named Girth Brooks?

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
TRS, you scare me sometimes... :mrgreen:

I don't even wanna know what you were searching for when you found this story :lol:

·
Registered
21,883 Posts
Tx Dogblaster said:

I don't even wanna know what you were searching for when you found this story :lol:
he must have confused "General Discussion" with "Genital Destruction"

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
What a whimp !! Its common knowledge that if you want a larger trouser snake is to use the 3 pound ball peen hammer & anvil method. If your a real manly man you can opt for the slam it in the car door method. ( Ive heard that it works better if you use a 70's era Detroit built coupe door because of the thicker steel. make sure you avoid the locking latch area !)

·
Registered
446 Posts
:shock: self lubricating penis. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
gundoc said:
What a whimp !! Its common knowledge that if you want a larger trouser snake is to use the 3 pound ball peen hammer & anvil method. If your a real manly man you can opt for the slam it in the car door method. ( Ive heard that it works better if you use a 70's era Detroit built coupe door because of the thicker steel. make sure you avoid the locking latch area !)
+1 to the car door method.

Oh yeah, In before the thread move....... :razz:

·
Registered
446 Posts
10Gauge said:
Tx Dogblaster said:

he must have confused "General Discussion" with "Genital Destruction"
:shock: had to read this one again. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tx Dogblaster said:

I was searching for grease gun accessories.

Type grease gun into google. It will be the fourth hit on page 1. I shit you not!

·
Registered
736 Posts
TheRealSundance said:
As in all cases of self-injection, a referral for psychological counselling was warranted.
The last sentence in the article was the most important.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
He sure got his johnson some attention

1 - 20 of 26 Posts