AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Setting up living trust for My fathers FA AK. The main purpose of this trust is to allow other to use/posses the rifle while he is out of state.

My question is, where are the people who will be able to posses the gun after it is transferred to the trust named.

Are they the Trustee's or beneficiary's?. I think they are the trustee's but I cannot seem to get Will maker to list anyone but my father's name as a trustee.

what am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Did you get the Willmaker version that came with the book and CD? Some came with only the CD, some with an adobe file of the book and CD, and the softcover book and CD - which is the cheaper of the three, believe it or not.

If you have the book (mine is 2007), go to page 163:

"You can't name someone else as trustee.

In the unlikely event you don't want to be the original trustee of your living trust, you cannot use Quicken WillMaker Plus; you need to see an estate planning lawyer to draw up a more specilized living trust. Naming someone else as trustee has importand tax consequences and means you give up control over trust property."

I think what you want to do it create more than one trustee. Benificiaries are after you pass, and successor trustees take over incase of death or incapacity,

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I have done some more reading. There is a good post on the ARFcom oregon forum explaining what I want to do. I am going to have to add to the document that will maker puts out.

It is legal to do, just a bit more complicated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts