AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to correct light primer strikes with a jard unit? The hammer spring is proprietary, and I'm assuming will take a *LOT* of cussing to get off the hammer because with a needlenose leatherman at the range I couldn't get it off to try and swap on a standard spring.

rifle is a Yugo M92 sidefolder; previous G2 FCG never had issues with either ammo type used (so that rules out firing pin or ammo issues in my mind); both Herter's and Yugo surplus. out of probably 25-30 tries, 4 rounds went off.

thoughts?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
jard's sending a stronger hammer spring. the bushing has to be pressed out of the hammer, new spring aligned, and then the bushing pressed back into place, so if you're not set up to do this and you have the same issue, jard will let you send the hammer to them and they'll install it for you.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Is there that much of a trigger pull benefit to risk the reliability of the weapon ?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It's not a weapon, it's a range plinker. My personal defense tools don't get tweaked very much, unless it's for something very proven....and then they get 500+ rounds thru 'em at the range to verify.

I was able to get the trigger for a considerably lower price than anyone advertises them. The original owner had no issues with it in the rifle he put it in, he just preferred the RSA trigger. I've never used a jard unit before, so I figured why not get some experience with it while the investment is minimal.

Once the new hammer spring comes in I'll post an update. But if you wouldn't mind, maybe keep the assumptions about what the gun is used for, and the resulting arrogant posts, somewhere else. I don't need 'em in here, thanks. :smileak:

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as an update, i ended up sending the hammer to jard per their request.

a completely new (and re-designed) setup was sent back, no questions, no charge (other than mailing the original hammer to them). got it installed and i can definitely feel a stronger spring in the hammer. the old one was VERY easy to install; the new one took a bit of effort to get the spring sprung correctly. haven't gotten to the range yet, but I'm heading into America in a week to hit south dakota with dad. the jard unit is in my '74 sidefolder, which is coming along for p-dog duty. we'll see how it goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts