AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Banned
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they real military or just commercial made for the US market? I have both variants, the original and the modified model that will work on an M1 carbine.

Your thoughts please....................

Bill

· Registered
253 Posts
I was searching google china about a year ago and come across someone making black type 81 bayonets.You have a link to the auction?I would watch out for them black ones.I'm going to try and find the link to them.

· Registered
8,159 Posts
The Type 81 bayonets are quite well made. Very good design in terms of a blade for plunging - honestly, far superior compared to the Russian/European bayonets.

Here's some photos (apologies for the crappy photos - old photos):

· Banned
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the pics and the links guys. Even if the black and orange versions are reproductions, I
would still like to have both, just not at the prices listed as I only have $280.00 invested in both
of my variations.

Bill

· Registered
854 Posts
Guys i just picked one up today......from a Gunshow, the seller is a collector/book author on bayonets... So i know i was not getting it for a steal........he was asking $250, i ended up getting it for $210....

also picked up this odd Chinese police/boarder guard? Slide out Dagger from him, also pictured in his book......probably overpaid for that one @ $160 , but im a softy for chinese weapons......Will post some pics....

How can i tell if my type 81 is legit, i would guess it is looking at the construction.

Joezeta

· Registered
8,159 Posts
JOEZETA said:
Guys i just picked one up today......from a Gunshow, the seller is a collector/book author on bayonets... So i know i was not getting it for a steal........he was asking $250, i ended up getting it for $210....

also picked up this odd Chinese police/boarder guard? Slide out Dagger from him, also pictured in his book......probably overpaid for that one @ $160 , but im a softy for chinese weapons......Will post some pics....

How can i tell if my type 81 is legit, i would guess it is looking at the construction.

Joezeta
You can kind of tell by just looking at the construction. Those bayonets are quite something - a very interesting design to the blade. Definately some thought into it as it's quite a well-made bayonet. I've not seen any fakes of those yet. At least none where an individual was trying to pass a fake one off as real. e 81 off as The price you paid is about average.

Regarding the slide out dagger one. You paid... a bit over what they pop up on auction for. That is, if it's the one with the "border patrol" logo piece on it. If you knew just how much they normally sell for, it would probably ruin your day. So, don't read down any further as this is for folks that run across them for future reference.

(they pop up for about $15.00 to $30.00)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.