AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a kit to build for a guy and i am very much in love of this design!!
i am thinking i need to get one of these kits asap. has anyone got a kit or seen a complet rifle?

my idea was that the barrel can be cut to 15.5" and then sbr'ed to get away from 922r and the best part is the flash hider/grenade launcher covers this and shows no mod.

any one game? :dance:

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
if I didn't live in MI I'd be game but the whole 922 thing seems to make this an expensive project. Although If I could I would love to tackle one.

·
Banned
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
crappy night pics

the trunion and bolt head are identical to an ak in features. they lock the exact same.

the bolt is a square block that pegs to the recoil rod/gas piston by the cocking handle. the gas piston and reoil rod are the same in the gas tube. very clever of them.

to be honest if you flip up the grenade sight you could single shot this right now! ssshhhhhhh!!!!!!

this is very much like an ak but the lower receiver is going to take some un-auto-ing.

the receiver is a walk in the park.

·
Premium Member
7,600 Posts
Numerich has the kits, and on the kit descprtion I believe they list a source of 922r parts includign the receiver.

I have heard the receiver involves some fiddly measuring and welding, and mags are expensive and rare, but taht they are fun to shoot when done.

·
Banned
8,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
look at the perfect sbr piece. cut the barrel and screw back on the hider/launcher!

i swear if someone buys me a kit i will build you one too!!! :twisted:
i think the sbr route is cheaper than the 922r parts. i have a list and it comes out to around 275 for the parts.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Dawg180 said:
Numerich has the kits, and on the kit descprtion I believe they list a source of 922r parts includign the receiver.

I have heard the receiver involves some fiddly measuring and welding, and mags are expensive and rare, but taht they are fun to shoot when done.
You have a link? I can't find it?

Thanks,
T

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Neat!

Turbo... what are you gonna charge to build 'em?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
From a Numrich auction description for an AR70 kit -

"Also Note: New manufactured semi-auto receivers, as well as other U.S. compliant parts are available from: JM Tech, P.O. box 161 Salem, OH 44460."

Damn!

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have a nice kit I would be willing to sell . I also have a factory Semi AR70 . Sweet accurate gun ! The contact person for AR70 receivers and parts also works for DSA arms.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Turbo , PM me your email address and I will send you some Pics of the Kit and my semi you could post for me as I dont know how to post Pics.
Thanks, Jerod

1 - 20 of 34 Posts