AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My one and only AK is a converted MAK-90 with synthetic furniture. I really like the Norincos for the money and plan to get another in the near future. I want to convert the next one with an Ironwood stock set for that classic AK look. I might also try one of the converted Polytech barrels so I can have the slant brake, cleaning rod, and bayonet.

Let's see some pics of converted MAKs. Does anyone have a MAK with all of the evil pre-ban features?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Here are couple of mine.

This is my first AK.

I got it in 1993 for $169. Those were the days.
It was a post ban Polytech and was neutered pretty bad - turned down muzzle, cut off bayo mount-underfolder type, milling on the side of the rec to remove AK47S, you know the typical post ban crap.
Well I sent it off to the gooch :shock: to have him redo it to look respectable and I was one of the lucky ones.
I got my rifle back in 18 months with all work completed.
He cut the bbl and threaded/recrowned it, added the brake, repaired the mill marks on teh side and parked and painted it.

This is the second MAK90 I got.

It was a private sale of a typical 93 import MAK90.
I did all the converison work myself, which was just a gas block FS replacement and a stock swap.
I also threaded the muzzle for a comp.
I love this MAK and it is the most accurate AK I own.
It does 2'' groups from the bench with WOLF.

I am not sure if you could call this a conversion but the heart of it is Chinese.
This was an NHM90 kit with an UF stock.

I traded the back half for the bayo FSB and I already had the side fold assy from a few years ago.
I wanted to get another MAK90 too put it on, but I could never find one to my liking.
I came accross the kit on gunsnet and bought it.
I added a custom marked Global Trades 1.6mm rec and put it together.
I runs great.
All I need to do is get it refinshed.

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts