AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently posted about having problems with several Saiga rifles, but all sellers have been very gracious, and the one who sold me my 7.62×39 is taking the rifle back.

I live in New York, and under our laws we cannot convert and cannot have more than one military aspect, the magazine being one already, so no pistol grip, adjustable stock, threaded barrel, etc.

I am attaching a photograph of the stock and handgrip of the rifle that I am returning. I already have 223 and a 308 Saigas with the black polymer plastic stock and handgrip, in the attached photograph.

I want the 7.62×39 to have the same wood stock and for grip, particularly the stock, which does not require any conversion, nor moving in the trigger group, which I cannot do either legally, or even do it myself because I am not mechanically oriented.

If anybody has any idea of where to acquire these wooden stocks and hand rails I would really appreciate if you would direct me. I like them because the stock dips deeply to give it a feeling of a pistol grip, is very ergonomic for the hand to reach the trigger, unlike the regular AK wood stocks which usually require a pistol grip for ergonomic comfortability. I do not want to use one of them. I'm looking for something like this that has a dip in it so I can hold it comfortably and my finger and hand rest nicely into the trigger from the stock where it is held.

Thank you
http://www.k-var.com...es/D/IZ-238.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did check out the company. The problem is that a regular AK type wood stock would be uncomfortable because it's not designed to have the hand in a place where he can easily reach the trigger. If you look at the photograph of the rifle I just sent back, it has a Monte Carlo type of wood stock were in the wood stock dips down to align the hand very perfectly in alignment with the trigger of a nonconverted Saiga rifle, which is what I have, several of them, because I live in New York, and our laws do not allow conversion.

Do you think the wood stocks that you are pointing me to will work comfortably as far as the hand on them in alignment with the trigger without a pistol grip? I cannot put a pistol grip or anything else like that due to New York laws.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I think Joe Mamma was trying to point you to the "Saiga 12 sporter shotgun" stock which has a drop down grip like the one in the picture you shared in your first post.
It should fit any standard AK rear trunnion just fine.

·
Super Moderator
25,791 Posts
I think Joe Mamma was trying to point you to the "Saiga 12 sporter shotgun" stock which has a drop down grip like the one in the picture you shared in your first post.
Correct. If you look at the Saiga stock set, it has a place for your hand that is similar to a "C" type stock for the M1903 rifle. While not ideal, it should help out some for comfort.

Other than that, you might be able to score an original set of furniture like your looking for on Ebay, or Gunbroker.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes but I heard that the rail will not fit, the stock will. Is that correct?
Where would I find these?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts