AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More Kalifornia escapee rifles, gawd i love our gun shows.
This last show I rescued a Kassnar underfolder, 56s, NHM91, and a RAI double folder. I was stoked about the double folder, its so bad ass. I have the Poly double folder, but never landed one of the first ones. Now i got both. The bakelite on it looks just right.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
how come every time you post all I can say is "you suck"

;) :hail: :grin:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
ClayC said:

Cause he does!!!! :grin: He has a front row seat to the california escapees in Reno and we are all so far away :sad:

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
moshaholic2 said:
ClayC said:

Cause he does!!!! :grin: He has a front row seat to the california escapees in Reno and we are all so far away :sad:

LOL :banana:

Yes, I do. :twisted: All you have to do is be patient, keep an eye out, and have a pocket full of cash at the ready.
This was our "small" show too. The Big show is in a couple weeks. I'll have to see what is walking around that one.

I just love the furniture on this one.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
so when you say these are California escapees rifles....... are they legal to own there?????? or is that why they keep showing up at your house?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
ClayC said:
so when you say these are California escapees rifles....... are they legal to own there?????? or is that why they keep showing up at your house?
People had to register their evil riles ages ago in cali. Only registered ones can be resold. So people looking to sell ones from their closets head over to the Reno shows. Northen CA being more rural had the guys that bought the "cool stuff" so thats how he keep stumbling onto the cool mint condition pre-bans.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
thats what I figured.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
moshaholic2 said:
ClayC said:
People had to register their evil riles ages ago in cali. Only registered ones can be resold. So people looking to sell ones from their closets head over to the Reno shows. Northen CA being more rural had the guys that bought the "cool stuff" so thats how he keep stumbling onto the cool mint condition pre-bans.

Plus, all Chimcom rifles (and about every other cool preban) is now on their named "ban" list. So they cannot have it regardless of any registration.
Saddest thing is seeing the cut up premium ones come around the shows. The people wanted to be legal, so their cut up theirs and hope to sell the parts.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
This thread is full of enough bad information to choke a horse, but I'll confine it to just these two, egregious points:

A) Pre-ban Chinese rifles registered prior to the deadline for, and under, the Roberti-Roos Law and post-ban Chinese rifles registered prior to the deadline for, and under, SB 23 may be legally owned, possessed, and taken to the range/BLM land/wherever.

B) NO registered assault weapon - of any make, model, caliber, national origin or pre-ban/post-ban status - may be loaned, borrowed, transferred, OR sold anywhere in California, PERIOD. They also are prohibited by law from being inherited or passed down to any heir or beneficiary within California.

You guys really ought not to exposit on topics with which you're only vaguely familiar.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Am I the only one to smell the air of haughtiness? :grin:

Point being given. Not many register their preban in CA so they bleed over the hill.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Delacroix said:
This thread is full of enough bad information to choke a horse, but I'll confine it to just these two, egregious points:

A) Pre-ban Chinese rifles registered prior to the deadline for, and under, the Roberti-Roos Law and post-ban Chinese rifles registered prior to the deadline for, and under, SB 23 may be legally owned, possessed, and taken to the range/BLM land/wherever.

B) NO registered assault weapon - of any make, model, caliber, national origin or pre-ban/post-ban status - may be loaned, borrowed, transferred, OR sold anywhere in California, PERIOD. They also are prohibited by law from being inherited or passed down to any heir or beneficiary within California.

You guys really ought not to exposit on topics with which you're only vaguely familiar.
is the highlighted wording right?

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
It's correct. Sentence begins with the word "no."

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Delacroix said:
It's correct. Sentence begins with the word "no."
woops, you're right, I was reading it wrong. ;)

·
Registered
204 Posts
First of bigsnoz, that is beautiful. I'm not trying to start shit, but I'm not sure I would have given up so much info as to where it came from. Isn't it illegal to transfer a gun over state lines? And didn't both parties commit a felony or am I missing something? It's a felony to sell or give a gun to someone from a different state (even if it's your grandson). It's a felony to buy a gun that you know came from a different state. Or was an FFL involved?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nope, perfectly legal IN Nevada.
It was illegal for the person to have it in CA. Once its on NV soil, NV laws apply and its perfectly legal to be purchased.
You are correct in saying it cant cross state lines, true, but the purchaser in NV never transported it. Now that it is in my possession, only another local sale or a FFL-FFL transfer can happen. 90+% of the firearms that Cabelas acquires (2 miles from the CA boarder) are from people bringing them from CA to get rid of them as they cant own them anymore. If it was a registered firearm in CA, then yes, they need to FFL-FFL transfer them.
This particular rifle was from an old gentleman who had houses in both SanDiego and Reno. He is a NV resident (drivers license), but was moving back to SD to be closer to family and couldnt take his good rifles with him.

Nevada, for the time being, is a real state. We dont have the a registry and private sales are legal, much like TX laws. I love this state. :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Sorry, I did not realize he was a NV resident. I know if You cross state lines to buy a gun from a resident of that state without an FFL it's against the law. It doesn't matter what state you call home, from the way I read the law it's a federal offense. I live in Ohio and I'm very close to IN and KY. I checked into when I wanted to buy a gun from an individual from Indy. We both decided to pass once we realized the law.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Being a gun show rescue, the show doesnt cross state line to buy guns. People leave their state to sell guns. That almost how every good firearm ends up in Reno and LasVegas. :)
It would be very bad for me to go to CA to buy one, that's why I dont and no one here does. It would also be bad for one of us to sell one to a CA person without an FFL involved, thats why we dont. Its their responsibility and liability to transport them out of their state to dispose of them in a legal state in accordance to that states laws.

We know the laws here very very well and dont break or even bend them. We have so much legal presence at every show, i have never seen anyone do any funny business. Except for those CA jackov's who always try to come here to buy one. That gets very annoying.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts