AK Rifles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several of us get together a couple times a month to have a little fun and maintain our mad skillz. We brought a few biodegradable reactive targets along too. This time, my buddy brought his 15 year old son as a first timer. After a few rounds downrange with an AR, he wasn't so enthusiastic about the 22 he was given to learn the ropes with :grin: .
Toys shown are:
Norinco M1A
Century CETME( pretty cool until it broke :evil:)
My M1
ADS AR
My LMT
and assorted glocks

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ummm, my Yugo is spotlessly clean waiting for me to rediscover it after my AR fascination wears off. There are only 3 AK lovers in the whole S.O. :mad:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
What exactly happened to your CETME?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The best we could figure at the time is that the hammer somehow slipped under the bold, locking it up solid with a round in the chamber. We think that was the problem because when you attempt to cycle the action, the trigger would wiggle a little. Then we couldn't get teh buttstock off to examine it further. I'll ask him today at work what exactly went wrong.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
jasonb said:
The best we could figure at the time is that the hammer somehow slipped under the bold, locking it up solid with a round in the chamber. We think that was the problem because when you attempt to cycle the action, the trigger would wiggle a little. Then we couldn't get teh buttstock off to examine it further. I'll ask him today at work what exactly went wrong.
That's weird.

Looks like a pretty nice range you guys are at. I love seeing range day pics, thanks for sharing :cool:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's a pretty nice range. They mostly use it for trap, they have benches on both ends for fudd types. You can get an honest 100 yards to the berm, and there really aren't any neighbors to piss off and it'll probably be there for a long time because there's a HUGE landfill to the rear of the firing line. We qualify there twice a year and the Sheriff buys everyone a membership. It was actually the home of one of the first Bulletfests. I think of it like the Outback Steakhouse of ranges, no rules[almost], just right. We

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
jasonb said:
I think of it like the Outback Strakhouse of ranges, no rules[almost], just right. We
Ha, I like that :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
East Canton. About 20 minutes from the City of either Canton or Minerva.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
I'v been there! :shock: .....iirc it was Bulletfest 2, damn good time! bought a shitload of Bulgarian waffle mags from Chief Thunder for $5 pop! neat little range!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I'v been there! Shocked .....iirc it was Bulletfest 2, damn good time! bought a shitload of Bulgarian waffle mags from Chief Thunder for $5 pop! neat little range!
I thought that range looked familiar!

Brick

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
:grin: Yup....that is where we were Brick!

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well it's only $20 a year, lets get some forum get togethers planned!

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
jasonb said:
Well it's only $20 a year, lets get some forum get togethers planned!
:lol: yeah, but it us a 12 hour drive for me...... :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts