AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice...You are on a 36 hunt right now. History of rifle?

Everything I see so far says SCW , it's the correct year, unrefurbed stock, no balkan of [SA] characteristics, spanish style replacement cleaning rod, and the s/n falls into a known group of SCW rifles.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Were the cleaning rods better or just make due?
They where a just make due type of thing, it is simple a rod threaded on one end, then heated and hammered flat on the other with a small hole punched into it, effective but crude.
One thing about the spanish, they put function above form

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Off subject for a moment, how rare is a Hungarian M44?

There not rare but are uncommon, unless you are talking about an all matching Hungarian, those are very hard to find and usually command a $75/$100 premium when they are found. The quality of the Hungarians is quite good, 2nd only to the Poles, and come in both Beech ( common) and Elm ( uncommon) stocks. All parts on a matching Hungarian will have an "02" stamp on them.

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
Thank you. I have a Hungarian, Polish and 44 and 48 Russian. Will have to bring them out for a look but am thinking all matching. I am very picky when collecting and have passed many times.
I'll have to dig deep to get them out...put away for the long haul a few years back. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts