AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heads up to anybody in Indiana - Ohio - Kentucky a large collection is being auctioned off in Indianapolis Dec. 1st.

Seems awhile back some bonehead in Greenfield with a huge collection got all boozed and drugged up and was getting loaded up to have a shootout with the police and his wife shot him dead to prevent him from engaging with LEO's on the way to his house. Yup shot him with a .38 right in the chest, she told him to calm down or she would shoot him. He took the gun from her, checked the load and said "well if your going to try to stop me that should do it" and handed her back the revolver...guess she took him up on it. She got off, all charges dropped.

Link to news report:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/10/01/wife-shoots-husband/2901703/

His "arsenal now worth over 1 million dollars" to quote the local press is going on the auction block.

I looked at the auction listing and there are a few full auto transferable AR's and some full auto Uzi's.

He had lots of military rifles, Garand's, AK's, Johnson's, Enfield's, and from the pictures they all looked like pretty nice examples, inventory list is about 13 pages.

Here is a link to the auction listing, they have lots of pictures up.

Public Auction Sale: ONE OF THE FINEST GUN & AMMO AUCTIONS - Indianapolis, IN

·
Banned
950 Posts
That guy had a remarkably small house for having $1 million+ worth of guns in the basement. Here is the inventory http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/showimage.cgi?lid=1947938&type=at&in=1

He had quite a few Johnson rifles for anyone who's in to that sort of thing. I'd totally go up to bid on the Webley-Fosbery semiautomatic revolver but I'm out of town.

That is how you afford a collection, you keep your mortgage small. I don't see anything there I would buy or already don't own but I imagine there may be some deals to be had.

·
Registered
21,776 Posts
omfg... Guess i need to sell a few things and get ahold of my FFL dealer.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The full auto's are not on the inventory list for some reason but are shown in the pictures.

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
Unfortunately everything will likely sell for well over market value. I've never had much luck at auctions. And when I do actually bid on an item it always goes to stupid high prices. Tried to get used 10/22 a few years back with a beat up stock for a fair price and it ended up selling for more than a new one was at the time... That M16 lower will bring in $18k+ and the UZI likely $7k+. Haven't followed MAC's in recent years and was disgusted the last time I looked...remembering seeing them for less than $700 a decade ago...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wow thats a pretty amazing stockpile . I mean just the stacks and stacks of ammo is worth small fortune. Then all them guns wow and there are some ones at a quick glance id like to get my hands on the galils and valmet id be happy with.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I gave up on the auction scene.
As mentioned, used 10/22s, no box, going for over $220. Crazy prices.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
I guess the only good thing to come out of her shooting him is that he didn't have to live to see his shit get sold off

As others stated, those full autos will probably go for more than crazy gunbroker prices. If I was local, I would probably take a shot at some of those 1911s though.

·
Super Moderator
25,791 Posts
Its doubtful anyone will get a deal on a firearm, but I'll bet there are some accessories that will be auctioned, and I'd go just to see what they are.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Looks like you gotta be a hoosier.

Says out of state sales to FFL holders only

darn it

Harv

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
17 Johnson rifles :bigwow: One B.A.R!!!! A Valmet, a whole lot of Enfield No4's, FN49's and MAS49/56.

I would catagorize that as more of an accumulation then a collection. Its just a little bit of everything

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds like a nice way for a woman to get away with murder...and become a millionaire.
LOL That's kind of what I thought when I read the article on the case.

She calls the police explains he is acting erratic and threatening and has a arsenal...They say they are on their way over, she tells her husband she has called the cops and that they are coming to take his guns, he goes ape-shit or not we will never know...she shoots him saying he was going to shoot the cops (maybe he would or wouldn't have maybe a warning to the cops and a negotiator could have talked him out??? or maybe he wasn't gonna do anything violent and she just shoots him)...acting in defense of others all charges dropped.....

Damn near perfect crime...gives any woman with a husband who has a gun collection a nice blueprint to set a guy up and drill him! Hey he always said "from his cold dead hands" he was gonna resist I headed him off...thank me for my public service!

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
LOL That's kind of what I thought when I read the article on the case.

She calls the police explains he is acting erratic and threatening and has a arsenal...They say they are on their way over, she tells her husband she has called the cops and that they are coming to take his guns, he goes ape-shit or not we will never know...she shoots him saying he was going to shoot the cops (maybe he would or wouldn't have maybe a warning to the cops and a negotiator could have talked him out??? or maybe he wasn't gonna do anything violent and she just shoots him)...acting in defense of others all charges dropped.....

Damn near perfect crime...gives any woman with a husband who has a gun collection a nice blueprint to set a guy up and drill him! Hey he always said "from his cold dead hands" he was gonna resist I headed him off...thank me for my public service!
Better than news headlines stating "Man with legally owned machineguns shoots it out with cops"... Honestly...none of us have a clue how it went down and the new media gets about 20% of the facts right about 10% of the time...so I'd be inclined to see something a little more official than that before passing an opinion.

·
Super Moderator
25,791 Posts
My opinion is the whole thing is sad.
Yep. None of us know the details, so lets just leave it where the local Police, and prosecutor left it.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
It does no add up. No crazy person would amass that kind of collection, let alone registered NFA items.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
I had one lucky dealing at auction. I think the only thing that made it work was how vague and shitty their descriptions were. Made out good and would have killed it had I had more money at the time.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts