AK Rifles banner

61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
May I get in on this?? Here is mine; planning on form 1'ing this, but as it is I really kinda like this style of brace (over the ar/m4 aesthetic). Manticore handgauard, PA RDS and Ultimak are on the way. Planning on cutting down the manticore renegade to accommodate the 'mak. 20160602_132235.jpeg

·
Registered
134 Posts
I can't wait for mine to be assembled! I will post mine as soon as it is! Of course, I'll have to wait to bring it home until the paperwork comes back with the stamp.
Great guns, guys! Some pretty stuff out there!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Picked this up this weekend. Unfired '86 Tula AKS-74u kit. Is the trigger guard correct? To me it looks good, but i'm not 100% sure. Also, anyone know of a bluejack barrel out in the wild?
dA3ZLrFh.jpg
u3EfO8mh.jpg
UQTayTMh.jpg
egH49bXh.jpg
6TN0TPKh.jpg

·
Registered
519 Posts
Picked this up this weekend. Unfired '86 Tula AKS-74u kit. Is the trigger guard correct? To me it looks good, but i'm not 100% sure. Also, anyone know of a bluejack barrel out in the wild?
View attachment 109585
View attachment 109593
View attachment 109601
View attachment 109609
View attachment 109617
Yes thats the correct trigger guard for an '86 Tula AKSU. You can tell by the crown shaped selector stop. You should have a dimple on the mag catch and also a single hump on the receiver above the trigger guard (if that makes sense?).

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yea, there's a dimple on the front of the mag catch. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
34 Posts
IMG_1527.JPG IMG_1528.JPG
Zastava M92
Manticore Arms Night Brake
CNC Warrior Picatinny Top Cover Rail Kit
Primary Arms Advanced Micro Dot
CNC Warrior Top Cover Takedown Pin
ALG AKTrigger
Stormwerkz Hinge
Manticore Arms Triangle Stock
Ace Sling Swivel
Russian Sling
Yugo Mags

·
Registered
7 Posts
Maybe not a proper 'krink', as a 7.62, but it has been a really FUN project for my first forray into the AK world.

Started as a $300 (!?!) PAP M92 pistol. Swapped the rear trunnion and milled the reciever for the addition of an underfolder. Milled the threads off the gas block, threadded the baeel to the AK standard 14x1 LH and added the Surefire SOCOM 3 prong flash hider (I have a SOCOM 762 RC to fit). ALG trigger and springs. XS front night sight & Magpul grip. Polished up the carrier and a few key internals. Recontoured and refinished the forend (to fit the underfolder a bit better). FINALLY found a Yugo M92 BHO underfolder safety. It's a pleasure to shoot, and I'm really happy with it as a small sports car truck/travel trailer/backpack gun.

Considering options for rear leaf sight (contrasting color fill? Or I might get ambitious and drill/press fit a couple orange fiber optic strands where the dots are now) and maybe throw on a Surefire Warden (direct some sound/blast down range).

We shall see.

·
Super Moderator
26,262 Posts
Are you going to SBR that Dave?

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Are you going to SBR that Dave?
I don't think so. I got a104ur that has sat NIB for over 3 years now. I thought id like the small aksu rifles but I dont. Figured if I built one maybe it would turn me on to them. So far, nothing.

Ill put a 500 rounds through it and if im still not fond of it then I'll sell it.

61 - 80 of 115 Posts