AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just purchased a krink kit from k-var, how easy is it to do the build? ive been debating on doing it myself, or sending it to a local guy that has been building ak's. any thought? anything i should be aware of before i go one way or the other.

i am buying a receiver from nodak, and have already picked up the trigger guard and other parts.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?p ... 254&page=1

·
Registered
706 Posts
Advice

If you are just going to build one, the tooling can become prohibitively expensive. It also appears that the kit you purchased has a barrel assembly that hasn't been headspaced and drilled/pinned in the trunnion. If this is the case, I would highly recommend having it professionally built.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Virgin kits are very buildable, but I wouldn't recommend it for your first build.

That's the first time I've seen a krink kit that comes with a 16" barrel. Look at the recommended accessories, they've got a fake suppressor listed. I'd like to know how they expect you to put that on a barrel that has the MD threads located halfway down the barrel. LOL

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
7.62x39 said:
Virgin kits are very buildable, but I wouldn't recommend it for your first build.

That's the first time I've seen a krink kit that comes with a 16" barrel. Look at the recommended accessories, they've got a fake suppressor listed. I'd like to know how they expect you to put that on a barrel that has the MD threads located halfway down the barrel. LOL
On the Arsenal krinks that I've seen, the barrel slips up inside of the fake suppressor.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
sandwichking2 said:
it is sad, but the 16" one is all we can own here in MI
Hate to rain on your parade my friend but even with the 16'' barrel you can't legally own a krink in MI, its still too short. It falls under the 26'-30' Law which basically states anything under 26 inches with the stock folded shut is considered contraband, even with a 16 inch barrel. If its over 26 inches but shorter than 30.1 then you can own it but it has to be registered as a "pistol" Anything over the 30 inches is good to go regardless. With all that said you're going to need a fake suppressor and the Kvar one will NOT do as it still brings you to the 25 3/4 mark. You will need a longer suppressor :sad:

[email protected] can build it for you, he's a top notch builder Located in Farmington. http://globalmilitarygunsmithing.com/index.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts