AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 8.25inch Krink Barrel at a show for a good price and figured I would take a chance on it. The only information I have is that they think it is a Bulgarian barrel. The stamping is Bulgarian (at least what is left of it). Doesn't have a gas port drilled (which is weird cause it looks like it was installed) but pin holes are drilled. It looks to me like a cut down barrel (missing gas-port, looks used/pulled, stripped paint). If so it looks like it was well done. Honestly, I really don't know so looking for any thoughts, ideas, theories you might have.

I have an '86 Tula AKS-74U from RGuns. Do you think I can use this barrel? I know need to measure the trunnion (ordering a micrometer). But otherwise based on what you see can you tell? What would this go for on the market? Are these existing pin holes for a Tula Krink or a Bulgy Krink?

Here are the pictures:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
100% a cut down barrel. See how it’s reprofiled right in the middle of the stamped numbers?

Collector value isn’t there but it is very usable. $250ish unless someone wants to fight for it in an auction.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. So definitely fair price then. Seems like somebody knew what they were doing. Now I just need to see if the existing pin holes line up or if that is going to cause me some problems. Don't plan on getting to the build for awhile so maybe I can grab a uao1985 barrel if he does another run and keep this as a spare.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great, glad to have someone with keener eyes look at it. I just don't know enough about the Krink barrels (esp. cut downs) and wasn't feeling entirely comfortable. I'll probably go with it. I feel like the craftsmanship is there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts