AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you get the little bastard on there??? The old one came off fairly easily, but the Krebs sight wants to be difficult.

Any suggestions?

Accountant
 
G

·
I just pressed down on the leaf spring very hard with a screwdriver, and the slipped the new sight in. It really would be easier with two people.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
762BODYDROPPER said:
Accountant when did you get a vepr? Does this make 4 of us?
I have had one for a while now. I just don't shout it to the rooftops. :grin:

Yea, the Mrs. doesn't have enough arm strength to lift a 2x4 much less help w/ this.


Any word on when the flash suppressors will be in stock again at "customer no service"?

Accountant
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
I once wanted to get into the aftermarket iron sight deal....then I went eotech.

I never could decide between the krebs and the regular mojo (they both look the same to me) or the new mojo microclick deal. moot point now, but still an interesting comparison. I've love to read a review comparing the three.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AtlAK said:
I once wanted to get into the aftermarket iron sight deal....then I went eotech.

I never could decide between the krebs and the regular mojo (they both look the same to me) or the new mojo microclick deal. moot point now, but still an interesting comparison. I've love to read a review comparing the three.


AtlAK,

I like your sig line. Does yours have the chromed homie bling package?

Accountant
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
Accountant30339 said:
762BODYDROPPER said:
Accountant when did you get a vepr? Does this make 4 of us?
I have had one for a while now. I just don't shout it to the rooftops. :grin:

Yea, the Mrs. doesn't have enough arm strength to lift a 2x4 much less help w/ this.


Any word on when the flash suppressors will be in stock again at "customer no service"?

Accountant
Just do like I did. Buy another flash hider and make it fit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
BiggerStick47 said:
I just pressed down on the leaf spring very hard with a screwdriver, and the slipped the new sight in. It really would be easier with two people.
Try using a "Quick-Grip" clamp and a small block of wood. Frees both hands and you don't have to bug your wife for help. :smile:

Make sure your rifle is secure in a cleaning cradle or rest.

BTW RSA sells the Campy Sight Tool for around $20.
 
G

·
veprx3 said:
BiggerStick47 said:
I just pressed down on the leaf spring very hard with a screwdriver, and the slipped the new sight in. It really would be easier with two people.
Try using a "Quick-Grip" clamp and a small block of wood. Frees both hands and you don't have to bug your wife for help. :smile:

Make sure your rifle is secure in a cleaning cradle or rest.
Where were you when I installed mine? Good advice veprx3!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Funny, I actually had a hard time getting the old sight out.
The Krebs went in with a quickness.
-JD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
762BODYDROPPER said:
So did you get it in accountant?
No, not yet. I haven't had a chance to mess with it. Damn tax season.




I currently reside in the great County of Cobb, City of Maaaaretta.



762BD,
Which FH did you make fit and how?


Working my ass of on a Saturday,
Accountant
 
G

·
I just moved out of Marietta last year. I moved to Woodstock. I miss the gang violence and murder in my old apartment complex...........
 
G

·
Accountant30339 said:
BiggerStick47 said:
I just moved out of Marietta last year. I moved to Woodstock. I miss the gang violence and murder in my old apartment complex...........
Franklin rd?
No, Bell's Ferry down by 41. We had 3 murders in there in 2 weeks. My wife said we had to move. Now we're in Towne Lake. HUGE difference!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
Accountant30339 said:
762BODYDROPPER said:
So did you get it in accountant?
No, not yet. I haven't had a chance to mess with it. Damn tax season.




I currently reside in the great County of Cobb, City of Maaaaretta.



762BD,
Which FH did you make fit and how?


Working my ass of on a Saturday,
Accountant
I put the phantom ar10, comp/suppressor. Its at the bottom of the page in the link below. I turned it on a lathe. I turned the inside out a little, and deepened it about .05 inches to make it set flush against the front site.
http://www.yankeehillmachine.com/store/muzzle.html

Heres a pic, I dont want to post the whole rifle untill I get the fore grip and finish the WHOLE project
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BiggerStick,
Ahhh, yes, Towne Lake........a much better place than where you were before.


762,
Do you have you own lathe? How much would you charge for a turn down and threading?

Accountant
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
621 Posts
No, I used a lathe at school. I am a machining student. I didnt turn down the barrell, I turned the inside of the brake. Then "Pressed it on." I wouldnt feel comfortable cutting on your barrell. However, I do know someone with a lathe and will ask him about turning your supressor down. BIggerstick has also asked me about turnign one down for him...This could be an option. But I will have to ask said person about using thier equipment to turn them down. It may cost ya a 12 pack or so.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top