AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I used to own a WASR-10 with an older revision of the Kobra sight. I loved the sight (especially the chevron reticule). I want something similar for a recently imported ZPAP M70 1.5mm, but I don't believe a Kobra will mount onto yugo style side-rail (am I wrong?). I've done a bunch of research into all sorts of different options but I am still just not sure.

Is there any way I can put a Kobra on this? I no longer have one in my possession, so anything would need to be purchased.

Can I replace the side-rail itself with a normal/Russian type?

If not, is there any other optic that fits a yugo side-rail that offers similar features?

I thank you in advance, I guess a lot of these new ZPAPs have been selling lately so there are probably other noobs wondering about the side rail. If any solution is found, I will be sure to report back in detail my experiences to help others.

·
Registered
940 Posts
If you want to put a Kobra on a Zastava rifle then your best bet would be to get the picatinny mountable model of the Kobra and then purchase a Zastava compatible side rail from RS Regulate or Midwest Industries.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you HWI, that is exactly the sort of simple solution I was hoping for. I had forgotten that Kobras were sold picatinny mountable. The optics reseller I was looking at didn't have those in stock, and over the years I had forgotten they were available. Now if only RS Regulate could keep up with demand..

I'll make sure to come back here and offer some impressions of whatever I end up getting.

·
Registered
Zastava ZPAP M70
7 Posts
So, I used to own a WASR-10 with an older revision of the Kobra sight. I loved the sight (especially the chevron reticule). I want something similar for a recently imported ZPAP M70 1.5mm, but I don't believe a Kobra will mount onto yugo style side-rail (am I wrong?). I've done a bunch of research into all sorts of different options but I am still just not sure.

Is there any way I can put a Kobra on this? I no longer have one in my possession, so anything would need to be purchased.

Can I replace the side-rail itself with a normal/Russian type?

If not, is there any other optic that fits a yugo side-rail that offers similar features?

I thank you in advance, I guess a lot of these new ZPAPs have been selling lately so there are probably other noobs wondering about the side rail. If any solution is found, I will be sure to report back in detail my experiences to help others.
Yes, pic rail version and yugo mount, the zastava mount is great, unfortunately you'll have to get in line with everyone until ZA-USA can get production to keep up with demand, they stated upped production in may but your stuck with scalpers for the real zastava untill theyre back in stock or else other brands such as MI,RS BUT!

Apex has a UTG mount thats designed for the M70, i got one until i can get the zastava one

Link:

Comparing it to my buddy's zastava mount, it ain't much different, and both have handled quite a few range days so far but only time will tell, thats why im still gunning for the zastava mount.

hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts