AK Rifles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to mount my Kobra on the top of my handguard. I am concerned that the heat generated from the barrel may affect the electronics. Is this a valid concern?

Thanks

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
It is absolutely a concern.

Marketing hype of "Russian toughness" aside, my experience with Kobra's is that they are actually fairly fragile.

You're looking at electronic technology that's about 20 years behind what the better Western optics have.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
What Templar said.......I wouldn't bet my life on it. Might as well remain using iron sights..

I like the AK but combine it with western optics, Have found that the Ultimak/Aimpoint combo is highly effective as is the Leupold 1.5-5 MR/T optic sitting on a BP-02 mount right now...

Don't forget optics on individual firearms ain't the standard for Russian infanty. You'll see PSO optics on SVD's and other optics on their sniper weapons. But the average AK74M will only use it's optics rail for the guy designated to use the NVO...

The Polish however do use optics on their Beryl rifles, mounting Eotech's on their over te receiver cover mounts further extending the flexibily of the weapon system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts