AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again, this newbie comes to draw from the Deep Well Of Knowledge available on this forum.

I know that both of these sights have been brought up in the recent ?Help me decide on the right Dot Scope for my AK? thread but if I could get a little more in-depth responses, I will appreciate it.

From the URLs below, I have been able to determine some differences between these 2 sights and would like your learned opinions as to any possible significance of those differences. Several of you have hands-on experience with the Kobra. Anyone have experience with both?

The sight will be put on an Arsenal SA M7S.

Having the black dot available on the PK sounds desirable.

The difference between the two?s dot size strikes me as somewhat insignificant?.am I wrong?

The overall dimensions show the PK somewhat smaller than the Kobra.

PK does not seem to have the 4 different recticle patterns of the Kobra.

Kobra battery life is greater, but I am assuming that that would be due to the physical dimensions of the 2 sights and the PK batteries are smaller. Then again, I am not familiar with the battery types used in the PK.

I am sure that there are other differences that I am not detecting.

Thank you for your time??????

Kobra

PK-AS-C

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I have an older (lithium battery) and newer (AA battery) KOBRA. I never use the other reticles...just the red dot... You have made some intelligent comparisons between the PK and KOBRA. Don't think you'd go wrong with either one. The PK has a BDC and no battery black dot which is lacking on the KOBRA. If it were me, I would have to go with the lower priced KOBRA. You might want to post this question in the VEPR/SAIGA section. Very friendly folks there who might be able to give you some specific info. BTW welcome to the Forum. :smile:

G

·
I agree with veprx3. I would go with the Kobra. I like the idea of having multiple reticles available. One may work better for you than another.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to both of you for your comments.

I was going to get the Kobra from the onset seeing as how it appears to be a tried and true item and has gained wide acceptance.

The reason for posing my question was based on the outside chance that the PK-AS-C might be a heretofore unknown winner and I figured that it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Again.........Thank You.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Well, the true way to make a final decision would be to buy both, try them out and then sell the one that did not make the grade.

·
Registered
698 Posts
My favorite reticle is the Chevron with the Dot above the Apex

^

Quicker acquization of target. Makes it harder to loose the Dot with a
rushed shot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts