AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KNS Precision unveils adjustable AK piston assembly @ Triggercon 2017

I hadn't seen this posted & it has me excited - MSRP is supposed to be around $100 or less, and they plan to have different shafts for most AK variants including the Galil Ace for apx. $20 in the future.

Video link here, mods feel free to edit if needed, thanks:

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
i'd rather have adjustable gas-block
but since this is a retrofit-type product i guess it's for people who don't want to mess around with pressing off and on barrel components.
seems over-engineered, especially for the purpose. also $100 seem steep. AK is over-gassed but it's not THAT over-gassed. use of this product will probably improve use with suppressor but i doubt it'll become a a thing.

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
Thanks for posting that.

I'm setting up one of my 5.45x39 SBR projects to work with my Rugged Surge suppressor. I've been sweating gas port size and such.

I like that this product would keep the external rifle appearance as factory as possible while allowing gas flow adjustment.

KNS donates a lot of prizes to different Texas Run and Gun events. I'd bet I may have a chance to win one at one point.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Thanks for posting that.

I'm setting up one of my 5.45x39 SBR projects to work with my Rugged Surge suppressor. I've been sweating gas port size and such.

I like that this product would keep the external rifle appearance as factory as possible while allowing gas flow adjustment.

KNS donates a lot of prizes to different Texas Run and Gun events. I'd bet I may have a chance to win one at one point.
https://m.facebook.com/DefinitiveArms/

Reactions: MPiKM-72

·
Registered
735 Posts
Innovative product, to be sure. Provides reloaders and people that want to soften their rifle's recoil a new option.

·
Registered
8,029 Posts

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Nice - something to keep in mind.

On my build I want the rifle to look to externally look like this MPi-AKS-74NK with the JMAC combo gas block and the ability to go from a flash hider to suppressor when I want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts