AK Rifles banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
Please keep us updated.

I’m curious. Was your Draco made from all new parts or were some from A demilled rifle? The front trunnion of mine is dated 1979.

·
Registered
Century Arms suppressed SBR
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
There is the option of drilling the piston head. Years ago this was done to alleviate overgassing but could also be done to work with a can.

It is not adjustable other than making progressive larger holes until you obtain the desired effect.

Another option would be to install a gas block that is adjustable.
Hmmm , going to look into an adjustable gas block. I didn’t know I had that option. As far as drilling into the piston head , I’ll keep that in mind as a last option lol but that’s very cool . Didn’t know they did that

·
Registered
Century Arms suppressed SBR
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Please keep us updated.

I’m curious. Was your Draco made from all new parts or were some from A demilled rifle? The front trunnion of mine is dated 1979.
I sure will , and to be honest I wouldn’t be able to tell you . I won this Draco in a giveaway . The only thing I know is that it’s a Century Arms Draco. Where can I see the date on mine?

·
Registered
146 Posts
There is the option of drilling the piston head. Years ago this was done to alleviate overgassing but could also be done to work with a can.

It is not adjustable other than making progressive larger holes until you obtain the desired effect.

Another option would be to install a gas block that is adjustable.
This! If your going to go through the trouble of installing a custom piston, or it’s unavailable,this is worth considering. I had the operation planned out for my Galil but the KNS finally came in stock. It would be a simple procedure with a HS or carbide but and a drill press, start small and test fire to get the perfect port size. Still confirmed how a Draco would have diff piston sizes 🤔

21 - 27 of 27 Posts