AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Century Arms suppressed SBR
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wanted to order a KNS piston for my Draco but unfortunately they don’t have my sz. Said it’s the third time they have experienced a Draco with a piston length that is not offered by KNS. They told me to contact Halcyon Defense to make me a custom one . Does anyone know if Halcyon Defense is still active . I emailed them but I haven’t got anything back .

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
So I wanted to order a KNS piston for my Draco but unfortunately they don’t have my sz. Said it’s the third time they have experienced a Draco with a piston length that is not offered by KNS.
Please elaborate. Do you have a regular Draco? If so, this should be the KNS piston you need.
KNS Precision Adjustable Gas Piston System | Up to $15.00 Off 4.7 Star Rating w/ Free Shipping and Handling (opticsplanet.com)
KNS Adjustable Gas Piston For AK DRACO, KNS-AGP-A-7, 853906008379, RTG Parts (robertrtg.com)

What do your WL (working length) and HD (hole distance) measure? They should be approximately 4.78" and 0.32" respectively.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Please elaborate. Do you have a regular Draco? If so, this should be the KNS piston you need.
KNS Precision Adjustable Gas Piston System | Up to $15.00 Off 4.7 Star Rating w/ Free Shipping and Handling (opticsplanet.com)
KNS Adjustable Gas Piston For AK DRACO, KNS-AGP-A-7, 853906008379, RTG Parts (robertrtg.com)

What do your WL (working length) and HD (hole distance) measure? They should be approximately 4.78" and 0.32" respectively.
They are not even a 1mm close to my sz . Check it out

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
It seems that you can pretty much disregard the HD (hole distance) as they list most of them as 8mm with a few at 11mm. As for the WL of your Draco piston, that's interesting. I can measure mine when I get home. Meanwhile, can you post a picture of the barrel assembly portion of your Draco?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It seems that you can pretty much disregard the HD (hole distance) as they list most of them as 8mm with a few at 11mm. As for the WL of your Draco piston, that's interesting. I can measure mine when I get home. Meanwhile, can you post a picture of the barrel assembly portion of your Draco?
Yes your right about the HD, as far as the picture I’ll do my best to send one tonight currently driving to work . But could you show me an example of the picture your asking for . Like do you want me to take off the hand guard and gas tube ?

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
I couldn't find a representative picture, but I think it would be helpful to see everything forward of the receiver from one side or the other.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I couldn't find a representative picture, but I think it would be helpful to see everything forward of the receiver from one side or the other.
I’ll do my best when I get some time . Brought my Draco to work. I got all my tools here anyway . Thanks for the help !

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
The pictures are very helpful. You have a shorter version that I was unaware of. That’s really cool, but it does pose a problem as far as KNS pistons go. Perhaps find the one that’s closest in length without being longer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The pictures are very helpful. You have a shorter version that I was unaware of. That’s really cool, but it does pose a problem as far as KNS pistons go. Perhaps find the one that’s closest in length without being longer.
I’m hoping to hear from Halcyon Defense soon and also hoping they are willing to make me a custom piston .

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
There is the option of drilling the piston head. Years ago this was done to alleviate overgassing but could also be done to work with a can.

It is not adjustable other than making progressive larger holes until you obtain the desired effect.

Another option would be to install a gas block that is adjustable.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts