AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my last Romy kit today and guess what...I got a 1978...the year I was born. :razz:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I remember 1978. That was the year that the Seattle Sonics won the NBA champoinship, and everyone had the plastic hand giving the #1 sign in thier car windows.

...slinking off to feel old now. :wink:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
1978,I was a Junior in High School!

·
Super Moderator
4,285 Posts
JOHNO said:
1978,I was a Junior in High School!
Hi Dad :twisted: I was the tender age of four, I think i was five when i found a luger pistol in one of the cars at my dads junkyard, maybe i was four :confused: But i was into guns back then too, he turned it in to the police :evil:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
:lol: Hey Son! But,I would'nt have ever turned in the Luger,I used to have this re-occurring dream about finding an AK in the woods.......................

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
romy

I ordered a romy under folder it was made the year I was born too :grin:
Like me the last 4 inches of the bore had the chrome shot OFF :eek:
I guess I wont be gettin a good one my age :sad:
Yes it was a 68 model..

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the receiver stubs removed...this kit is going to need some TLC. It has some surface rust starting on lots of the parts. Damn near everything needs to be blasted and parked. I'm definitely sending this one out to be built. It looks like the quality Romy G kits are running out.

BTW - does anyone want a free set of dinged up Romy furniture to salvage? The stock should finish up just fine, the handguards and grip have some dings - don't know how well the handguards will improve. I just don't have the time or desire to refinish and sell this set. First "I'll take it" gets it shipped to their address on Monday.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
wow 1978,....cruzie27 dident even exsist until the follwing year. :grin:

does your romy kit have a solid wood upper or laminated wood upper?
im kinda jones-n for the laminated uppers for all of my romanians.

this would save my from getting raped by K-VAR shipping fee. (i know i love there site/company,...but good god! 8 bucks to ship a parts that dont even add up to 2 bucks?,....i wich they had shipping options for cheap skates like me :sad: )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts