AK Rifles banner

Khyber pass value?

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  m03 
#1 ·
Many of the variants attain their value due to rarity, either realistic rarity or fabricated due to laws.

What about a real Khyber Pass/Taliban type rifle? There are quite a few areas in the east that fabricate forgeries of the originals. In many respects that's exactly what we do here, but on a higher level of quality.

A real deal, dirt floor built, dangerous to shoot rifle is just cool as hell, and very interesting to the advanced collector, but is there any additional value attached to such a rifle considering there is no ability to prove its lineage? For all anyone would know, it could have been built by bubba, or Alibubba.

Reactions: Omega7.62
#3 ·
I think you'd have to have some serious photo documentation to prove it was a battlefield pick-up. A great story to go along with it.

I bought a buddy's Khyber a couple weeks ago. I'm confident it would be worth a lot more if it was in original stock configuration. All matching Izzy. My friend built it from scratch to specifically look haggard (having no metal skills helped!). But I dig this stuff.

#4 ·
A real deal, dirt floor built, dangerous to shoot rifle is just cool as hell, and very interesting to the advanced collector, but is there any additional value attached to such a rifle considering there is no ability to prove its lineage? For all anyone would know, it could have been built by bubba, or Alibubba.
Depends. The difficulty in acquiring them and curio factor adds value, but ultimately it would be little more than a wall hanger.

#6 · (Edited)
There are all sorts of AK's called "Khyber". From a shined up standard Romanian to a carefully assembled but worn looking build with attention to detail. Value could be a range from $500 to $1200 depending on kit type, components, appearance, barrel type, country of origin parts., unique parts or fabrication work etc. etc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.