AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been putting together a khyber build and my idea behind this is that this is a Khyber build receiver and pieced together Ak with what available parts they may have had. I would like to know what would the correct selector markings in arabic be if they made the receiver from scratch. I purchased a vinyl cutter and have been making my own selector stencils and electro etching them on. An image or script i could use in the program to duplicate would be great. Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
Others can feel free to correct me, but I think it would be unusual to find a Khyber AK with selector markings in arabic script, they typically emulated the original AKs. I may be overlooking possibilities, but the only mass produced AK I can think of with Arabic letters would be the Egyptian. I don't know how common those weapons were in the Afghan theater and I'm not sure if the words for safe, semi-auto and full auto in Arabic (used by the Egyptians) make any sense in the Farsi/Dari or Pashtun languages common in Afghanistan.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess what im trying to say is if they had a legit arsenal and did mass produce their own AKs still from borrowed parts what might the selector markings be. Not trying to copy a Russian model so on and so forth. Kind of what they do with their mags with the S G A markings on the side although the other side is a copied Izzy mold.

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
Sure, I see. If the objective is to use the correct (as in the languages used in the Khyber Pass region) words/lettering for the selector positions, see if you can find a picture of an Irani-manufactured AK to see which words are used in Farsi (they'd probably be the same in the Dari dialect), or a full-auto rifle produced in Pakistan might have the words used in Urdu/Pashtun. I'd be a little surprised if the Pakistanis used Arabic script given the English foundations of their arms industry, and I'd be quite surprised if the Iranis used anything but Farsi.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Ab/oa

The new site isn't letting me post all caps.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
АВ / ОД
Thanks pal, and I'm on an ipad lol.

NXCHESTER, the etch would probably look nice. Not quite exact as a Russian, like it should be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts