AK Rifles banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
bones357 said:
EXCELLENT thread. What a wealth of info. Thanks a lot!

My KP AKM is my favorite gun. :dance:

ETA: Ohmigod! That's beautiful! Would love to make a clone of that!
I definitely saved that to my file titled "other ppls gun pron" :twisted:
I kid you not

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
eternal24k said:
I kid you not
eternal24k said:
I kid you not

Typin' with one hand again huh?

:lol:

·
Registered
430 Posts
grayparatrooper said:
Wow those are some really boogered up ak's i'de be a little afraid to shoot those things..
Why, they the Taliban has staked there lives on them and there are lot boys and girls down for the dirt nap do to them. My wife would say "Thats How They are supposed to look, like there made in a cave" They are the best rifle ever built Those pics proof. Before that friend got his hands on them they were shooting at him or someone else. They look awesome. Aks are biker bitches. biker bitches never stay in the house. I absolute love the pic with the GP lopped off that's cool. I beat the shit out of mine. I just got my form 1 back and will begin a krink build and will beat it as well.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Stazi said:
This is a prime example of why I shake my head when people get all worked up over the shape of rivet heads, buying $200 HG's "to make it look like a Russian" and the perfection of the finish on home builds.

IT DOESN'T MATTER!
AMEN Brother I beat mine bad and love it, there ak's not ar's :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Re: KP rifles

Indiansprings said:
billpro785 said:
Hello all just joined here a few days ago. Great fourm. I'm here in Afghanistan now ( southern area ), Have "seen some KP AK's , most are local made , Afghan,s here at our base use AMD 65's
Will post photos and more info in a few days .
I'm not in the Army ( but do work for them ), bought a "real russian " Ak , milled 1951 for 50.00 USD !! for "protection "
Ak,s milled , stamped , Tovk , and Mak pistols , Russian M44's It's all here , and cheap too !!
Pics please. You must get us pics.
you didn't read the rules no posting without pictures.we'll gouble up anything you can potograph :lol:

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
^^with a handle like that ,you could really get some power behind that bayo

·
Technical Advisor
15,445 Posts
Re:

545x39mm said:
Look closely at this photo. It looks like the stock latch is held with a coil type spring instead of the standard type. It looks like the spring somehow is in compression between the back of the latch face and something in the rear trunion. Very inventive.

Also in the above photo you can see no latch pin protruding through the bottom of the receiver in front of the mag well!!
The milled receiver is recessed under the chamber area and there is a cover plate. You cannot see what is holding the spring if it does penetrate the bottom of the receiver because the cover plate obscures it. It would be nice to see what mechanism they cobbled up for it though.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
...Why is there a milled receiver, in 5.45, with a 1984 date and Izhmash logo?

I assume this is just a matter of them copying the the markings exactly from some other weapon, yes? Missing the forest (wrong receiver type :mrgreen: ) for the trees (but at least I got that Izhmash logo! :wink: )?

·
Technical Advisor
15,445 Posts
Hard telling what calibre it is. They just cobble up parts and make the base rifle what they want. Normally 7.62. Kinda made me think about doing a milled Khyber but I hate to hog up a milled receiver for a Khyber. I do like them BFPU and mixmasters. BTDT

·
Registered
370 Posts
These are good examples of what NOT to do with an AK if you want it to cycle properly. A close friend in Pakistan informs me that in his opinion only one...maybe 2 AK's out of 5 cycle through a 30 rd mag without something malfunctioning. The sad thing is that there seems to be an abundance of Type 1 and Type 2 Kalashnikov's floating about...some being butchered by the looks of these pics. :doh: What i would'nt give!!!

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
Re:

Levi5.45 said:
There is almost no doubt now. Except, I thought that the pics of the soldiers were Uzbeks, weren't they?
I always thought they were.

·
Registered
580 Posts
In his 1922 book, Story of the North West Frontier Province, author JM Ewart writes: “That gap in the low hills (south of Peshawar city) marks the Kohat Pass, which really has a better claim to being a historic highway of invasion than the Khyber itself. By it, across a neck of Afridi country, runs the Frontier Road to Kohat and Bannu, to Dera Ismail Khan and Razmak. The villages of the pass are famed for a strange industry — the manufacture entirely by hand of rifles and ammunitions, especially rifles, to the eye so like the products of European arsenals as to deceive all but experts. For these, since they are comparatively cheap and serviceable, there is a ready sale all along the border.”

Going by what Ewart wrote, it seems that Darra Adam Khel’s armament industry and black market was well-established and well-known even a century ago. In 1920, there was no centralized market, but scattered units located away from the main highway which passes through the region. It was only after independence that a market, in the true sense of the word, emerged.
The Way of the Gun

41 - 54 of 54 Posts