AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frankenkrink in 7.62x39, 9 1/2 barrel.
FSB, GB, barrel, RSB = Romanian
Bolt (PLO capture), carrier, front trunnion (reserialized in Balkans somewhere), lower handguard = E. German
Sight leaf, upper handguard, top cover, recoil rod (piston type), triangle folder/rear trunnion = Russian
Selector = Bulgarian
Pistol grip = Paki (?)
Sling = Hungarian
Overall = bad a$$ flame thrower that shoots bullets.

Edit: thanks to Ding for helping me with the park. Good to see you. :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
DAMN! That thing is sweet. How'd ya get the receiver to wear like that? One of the best BFPU paint jobs I've ever seen. Barrel's 9.5 in? Looks shorter to me. Pretty cool how many countries that thing represents. Awesome build

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Ding did the park so I'll PM him to chime in. He used some kind of "pre dip" he called it to give it a blacker apperance than the normal park. I then used some beer powered 0000 steel wool to dull it down a bit.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Why did you do that? I want one now! Looks great!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Thank you. Ding did the park so I'll PM him to chime in. He used some kind of "pre dip" he called it to give it a blacker apperance than the normal park. I then used some beer powered 0000 steel wool to dull it down a bit.
Haha! Sounds like a very specific process!

That looks sooo cool! Nicely done! <sheds a tear, stuck in CA>

Robert

·
Registered
238 Posts
That rifle is a beast! When Pogi light's that bitch off the range goes silent every ones looking at him to see what is going off. I have over heard the question more than once while were shooting (what is that?). That thing makes HOT KINKY love to you thirty rounds at a time. We need to put a drum through her.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I should also ask.. what kind of gunsmithing was required for this build? How did you handle the barrel cut in regards to fitting handguards, etc? Total cost? Some of us may be interested in pursuing something like this in the future :)

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I should also ask.. what kind of gunsmithing was required for this build? How did you handle the barrel cut in regards to fitting handguards, etc? Total cost? Some of us may be interested in pursuing something like this in the future :)
Pat (restorsit1) did the barrel population and work. I had him build a 9" pistol build and then built it as a SBR once I got my stamp back. I can't remember the price, it is on his website though.

Great guy to deal with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts