AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting a 9mm AK for a while but passed on the AKV because they just werent very elegant.
Then the KUSA KP9 came out and the price dropped under 900 around Christmas. I had to grab it.
I just got done adding some accessories. She sure is pretty.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Wn2Ma54PoEPKEji6A

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I grabbed a few buffers because of the issues that were reported with the dust cover cracking. This was reportedly fixed, but if the buffer doesn't cause any function issues I will likely keep it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I grabbed a few buffers because of the issues that were reported with the dust cover cracking. This was reportedly fixed, but if the buffer doesn't cause any function issues I will likely keep it.

The dust cover cracking issues were from the older recoil spring button & undersized hole and has been fixed a while ago. They way you can tell though if you have and older model is if you cant open the dust cover without pushing the button down with a small screw driver. If you do contact Kalashnikov USA and they will take care of it. With the buffer on there you risk loosening rivet and possibly cracking the trunnion. They will void your warranty if that happens because these blow back guns dont have a gas problem. Those buffers are a gimmick money maker. If a firearm is over gassed a heavier recoil spring is all you need. These dont need one by any means though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ordered mine on Sunday and just got the noticed it shipped today and will be here tomorrow. I guess I'm stuck in the 90's had to really think about dropping a grand on an AK pistol. After reading a few dz reviews, it should be a fun gun. Will anybody be offering cheaper mags? ETS ?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ordered mine on Sunday and just got the noticed it shipped today and will be here tomorrow. I guess I'm stuck in the 90's had to really think about dropping a grand on an AK pistol. After reading a few dz reviews, it should be a fun gun. Will anybody be offering cheaper mags? ETS ?
I am getting an injection mold set up soon to make KP-9 mags. I made some Braces for them too.

Attachments

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I'm hoping someone starts making more affordable mags. There needs to be some competition, otherwise KUSA will continue to price gouge on mags and the folding stocks. Unfortunately there's not enough of a market for anyone to make KP9/KR9 folding stocks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Would also love to see some affordable mags and readily available-my brace should be here Tuesday-I'll post pics when I get it-Thanks Dave!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts