AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
“Kalashnikov Small Arms”
For AK Forum members who are interested in purchasing this book, “Kalashnikov Small Arms,” see instructions below. Full disclosure…the co-author of this book (Konstantin Podgornov) is a very close and dear friend of mine that I’ve known for many years and we both share the same passion and deep rooted history of Kalashnikov small arms and many other weapons of the USSR and Russia.

The book is dedicated to the memory of the famous Russian gunsmith designer M.T. Kalashnikov. The project was implemented under the leadership and guidance of the designer's daughter, Elena Kalashnikov, who is also the head of the M.T. Kalashnikov.

Elena Kalashnikov and Konstantin Podgornov are the authors of this book. Konstantin is highly respected and a well-known Kalashnikov expert and book author, most recently he authored the book, “Kalashnikov Assault Rifles and Machine Guns,” which a large number of you purchased on this forum. He has also published numerous articles in various Russian AK magazines and other small arms publications, been recognized by numerous other Russian authors, and has been featured in Kalashnikov Concern videos and articles. His name may not be familiar to many members here but literally hundreds, if not thousands of his photos, as well as technical writings and comments from the various Russian forums and Kalashnikov sites have been used (with proper recognition/credit and without) and referenced here on this site, and other forums and social media in countless posts and discussions. His new book is printed in limited qualities and I am quite certain this book will become rare and highly sought after years from now, just like some of the other excellent Russian Kalashnikov books written by famous Russian authors.

The book is an illustrated album, which contains a description of 170 units of Kalashnikov small arms and weapons of various periods, experimental and serial models stored in state museums and private collections, as well as samples produced by foreign countries.

The album is based on a book published back in 1997 by the Military Parade publishing house. Many of you may have a copy of that book, as I do. However, this edition is an order of magnitude superior to its predecessor - both qualitatively and quantitatively. Shortcomings and errors were eliminated, annotations were written taking into account documentary information that was previously unavailable. Many samples and photographs presented in the book are now published for the first time.

The book contains excellent color illustrations, unique content and quality printing that make this book an excellent addition for any Kalashnikov collector or enthusiast, and also an excellent reference book.

Ordering Instructions:

If anyone is interested in purchasing the book, please PM me to arrange payment and shipping info. I’ll try to respond to all PM’s in the late evening but I generally will not be available during the day. PayPal is the preferred method of payment but if you don’t have a PayPal account, I will generally accept USPO MO but the book won’t ship until the money order clears my bank. Shipping is via EMS courier and isn’t cheap, but the book is being shipped directly from Russia. Once it ships, you’ll receive the tracking information.

Price and some pages from book (extracted from the author) are listed below.

“Kalashnikov Small Arms”: $125.00 shipped from Russian to anywhere in the USA. The book is written in Russian.
  1. Hardcover, commercial quality, section sewn binding
  2. 403 pages
  3. 300x220 mm landscape
  4. Full color prints on premium quality coated paper
Photos from book:
1.jpeg

5.jpeg

Two additional book related notes:

1. Pavel Pticin (long-time forum member: Ptica) is also a very dear friend of mine and he is very good friends with the author. As most of you are aware, Pavel’s technical knowledge of the AK and posts on this forum are invaluable and many of his comments include unknown information or never seen photos. He too has published a number of books and many articles about the Kalashnikov rifle. I know Pavel posted a link to his recent book just today but in case any of you missed his WTS post. His book titled, “AK Markings,” is an excellent book and I highly recommend it! With this book you’ll be able to factually date any Soviet serial production T1, T2, and T3 rifle, as well as some of the related equipment/accessories. The book is written in English and also includes segments from the original Soviet orders. Here is the link for Pavel’s book for those interested in purchasing a copy:

2. I also have a WTS posting for Konstantin’s book in PDF titled, “Kalashnikov Assault Rifles and Light Machine Guns,” that many of you have already purchased, either the hardcover and/or PDF version, but in case anyone missed that post and wants to purchase a copy, his PDF version is still available to purchase through me. Here is the link with ordering info:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
Ill Take One - PM sent

Reactions: Bunker9939

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'll take a copy. Podgornov has literally inspired me to be the mag/pouch collector that I am. I sent a couple messages to him on a low traffic Russian language site about new mag variations I had identified that were not in his book, including the Type 1 & 2 Izzy plums and the type 4 forty five round 545 bake from Molot. I'm hoping these can be included in any future editions of his book that he might publish. In any event, PM inbound.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Ill take one. Sending pm

Reactions: Bunker9939

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
23 July 2021 -- To date, all order requests or related questions have been answered in PM. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts