AK Rifles banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whoa.

First LWRC ARs and now this. At least the prices on the Glocks are pretty good. I wonder how long it'll be before they start charging $40 for "Mil Spec Glock magazines!" and $850 per pistol.

· Registered
1,099 Posts
Stottman said:
Prices are good?

I could have bought them cheaper locally, at the "All glock store" in TX...

ANd thats not mentioning the LE Dealer that would sell to Mil.

The euro has not dropped 25% in the last six months. The current "wholesale" rate is about $1 = .81 In September, it was .68

+1. I can pick up new Glocks locally for $440, all day long.

· Registered
2,975 Posts
drummerdude1188 said:
I just think its lame that K-var has been reduced to selling glocks, instead of focusing on importing more PARTS and restocking the out of stock for years stuff.
They have been slowly and steadily expandiing their business model since they formed the company. I personally see no reason to hold that against them. Things being out of stock are likely not something they have very much control over.

· Registered
10,300 Posts
SD01 said:
drummerdude1188 said:
I just think its lame that K-var has been reduced to selling glocks, instead of focusing on importing more PARTS and restocking the out of stock for years stuff.
They have been slowly and steadily expandiing their business model since they formed the company. I personally see no reason to hold that against them. Things being out of stock are likely not something they have very much control over.
Well, lets call a spade a spade.

90% of the time, their business model sucks.

Most of the time, they dont seem to provide what the customer wants; And that takes into account the massive lead time it must take for idea-importation-sell to customer

· Registered
2,151 Posts
Stottman said:
SD01 said:
drummerdude1188 said:
Well, lets call a spade a spade.

90% of the time, their business model sucks.

Most of the time, they dont seem to provide what the customer wants; And that takes into account the massive lead time it must take for idea-importation-sell to customer
+100000

K-var could give a rats ass about its customers.
Just bought a couple of Bulgarian rear sights, received Chinese ones. I have to ship them back on my dime for an exchange :roll:

· Registered
2,975 Posts
I think both of you are all wet - but you are entitled to an opinion.

I've bought probably 2 to 3k worth of stuff from K-VAR over the years and never had them send me the wrong thing, and never had them tell me something was out of stock after I had placed an order. Lots of times they were the only source for what I was looking for and their prices were still more than reasonable. That says something about the company in my book. They didn't jack the price just because they were the only ones who had it like a lot of companies do.

As for things being out of stock - yes, their supply chain sucks, but that's because they have to do business with a lot of E. European's who could give a shit about when things get shipped, if they get shipped, or when they get there. They also have to deal with our government once the stuff gets here. It's not like they are making that stuff in a factory here in the US and the reason things are out of stock is because the employees are lazy - or becasue the fat cats at K-Var don't give a shit. The reason it's out of stock is because it is UNAVAILABLE.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.