AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm in the process of purchasing an unissued K-VAR Bulgarian AKS-74 kit and was told that the matching parts include the trunnion, bolt, and bolt carrier. Is it common for the dust cover to not have any numbers as I am being told that it is unmarked.

Thanks!

EDIT: I guess it is since K-VAR sells unmarked Bulgarian AK-74 dust covers?

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?p ... 320&page=1

·
Registered
881 Posts
The dust cover on my SLR-105 is serialized but I don't think it matters. Especially since the 74 kits are getting harder and harder to come by. Jump on it!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
M4arc said:
The dust cover on my SLR-105 is serialized but I don't think it matters. Especially since the 74 kits are getting harder and harder to come by. Jump on it!
I did! :dance:

Also, the kit comes with the rolled edge, ribbed buttstock type side-folding stock. Is this type of stock common for these types of kits? I do see pictures of peoples AKS-74's here with this type of buttstock, so I guess it'safe to say that.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
I sold a very early Bulgarian AKS-74 kit last winter. I believe several of the parts were sterile. such as top cover, selector, and the bolt I believe. The kit was brand new and still sealed in KVAR poly wrap. I'll see if I can dig up the specifics if you're interested.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Exotic-Toys said:
That kit looks great. Identical to the one I had. Serial #'s look close as well.
Thanks! Was the buttstock that you sold with the kit the non-rolled edge type? Do you know why some K-VAR kits came with the rolled edge and some came with the non-rolled?

Thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts