AK Rifles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased both a N-PAP and O-PAP Zastava. Liked them. Well made. But ...

I figured life is too short to be content with a "bargain" AK.

So....I a selling the N and O PAP on Gunbroker and I purchased an Arsenal SAM7SF.

Should have it here in a couple weeks, bought it from a place in Illinois, just about five hours away.

·
Registered
973 Posts
The SAM7/SLR-101/whatever-the-crap-Arsenal-decides-to-call-their-milled-rifle series are nice rifles, but so are the PAPs. At the end of the day, if you're happy with the SAM7 purchase, that's all that matters. Having the chrome-lined barrel on the SAM7 is a plus, but even then, you would've had to go through a metric crap ton of ammo to turn the PAP's hammer forged barrel into a smoothbore, let alone two of them. Have fun at the range with your new rifle!

·
Registered
13 Posts
You'll be happy with your Arsenal. A person can only hold one rifle at a time so just choose the best one that suits you.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Keep all three...you need to be broke at least once from buying AK's to fully understand our plight...:confused:
I have never heard a more truer statment. And if you are a true AK lover you will only be broke once... I have been broke from the day I bought my first AK and I have never recovered and that was 8 years ago.

Reactions: TRAAK's

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I would sell whichever of the two Paps you like the least, and get an AK from another country. Maybe a Vepr

·
1,092 Posts
Keep all three...you need to be broke at least once from buying AK's to fully understand our plight...:confused:
Broke at least once!!??? Ive been broke for 5 years because of AKs!!!

Youll love the SAM7SF, very nice rifle just a little on the heavy side but extremely smooth shooter and accurate as an AK can be out of the box. Polish up a Tapco G2 and put in it, it will make a world of difference over the Arsenal 2 stage....

My best shooter AK is an Arsenal SLR-105r, smoothest stamped AK I own and a tack driver!

Nothing wrong with the PAP/OPAP rifles, just with they had the grenade launcher sight and were closer the the TRUE M70, but they are good shooters and also very accurate.

Dont mind the guys on here, Some of them turn their nose up to Arsenals because of the price but at the end of the day its an AK and I would prefer you spending the money on a top of the line AK that an AR in the same price range.

Let us know what you think when you get it, I'm in the process of converting mine into a Bulgarian AR-M4 clone!

Justin

Reactions: Anchor and BigSal

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'll come at it from a different perspective, but arrive at the same point as you guys. I've had much more expensive "hobbies" than buying AK's - or guns for that matter. But just because they cost less initially, doesn't mean they are less expensive over time. A rifle here, a stock there, 1000 round ammo can over that way, sling, mags, etc. It all adds up. But I can say, I see no better way to spend my money than on firearms, specifically, on my rifle one - the AKM platform.

I had a PAP as well, but unfortunately, not the double stack bolt the O-PAP comes with. I was plagued by the infamous feeding issues. Sold it, bought a SAM7R. Ordered an SLR107 and pick it up Friday. I figure if I'm going to have two, might as well have two of the nicest finished AK's on the market today. Granted, they all work the same. But I'm kind of a snob, and like the fit and finish of the Arsenal product line.

·
Banned
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wait...are you saying there are AKs that of higher quality than other AKs?

This is considered great, high heresy in some places where there are, let us say, "AK files" of information.

:EatingPopcorn:

·
Registered
507 Posts
LOL

I challenge anyone who has owned an AKM with a single stack bolt, cobbled magwell import to say it's as good as the rest lol. After having one of those, and watching every other round jam on the feed ramp, I decided to not be cheap. Now, I do know some "inexpensive" single stack bolt AK's run like champs (I applaud Century for making the bolt change on the O-PAP's). But a double stack bolt on an O-PAP doesn't help the thousands who bought the previous versions. I just didn't have one of them. But, that aside, I do believe they all function and perform the same. Heck, I've shot with a guy with a WASR and his groups were just as tight as my SAM7R. His WASR was just as fugly as sin lol.

Others are just "nicer" when it comes to fit and finish. Makes no difference for function, but some of us like the attention to detail.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've heard nothing good about the SAM7. I wish they'd have traded my 106 in for it instead of sending it back with whatever alterations they did.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts