AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Should be available around April 14. Gonna work with an SOT friend to have him do a can vs. buying the Sig offering which is $250ish. Should only be about $30 in materials and I'll be able to use Ti instead of SS like Sig's "sleeve" can body. Sig somehow got the ATF to sign off on their "brake" / monocore baffle stack. Ingenious design. I'll likely toss of set of HK416 AR sights on it and have a pseudo MP-5SD after the stamp comes back. Lancer makes the mags for these so I'm not worried there. Quick release barrel and takes AR FCG's. Convertible to .357 Sig (yuck...$$$$) and .40 (not really interested, but some people might be). It will eventually become a 2 stamp gun and I'll SBR it and toss a nice short barrel in the mix as well. I'm normally not a fan of semi auto subguns. Always though they were sort of dumb. I'm actually looking forward to this though. It's the first "new" design out there in a while and looks to be promising.

·
Registered
394 Posts
From where and how much?

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
ha ha .. how did they get the ATF to sign off on that brake. Glad they did but still intereting.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
That break is just screaming to be covered lol, that is one bad ass little carbine, defently designed to have multiple stamps!

·
Registered
394 Posts
This model will not be out long like this it is only a matter of time till some redneck uses exhaust pipe to make the "Brake" into a suppressor.

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This model will not be out long like this it is only a matter of time till some redneck uses exhaust pipe to make the "Brake" into a suppressor.

Same redneck could do the same thing with a pipe, fender washers, and some spacers. Illegal is illegal...

·
Registered
6,104 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Those things are really cool.
Never thought I would see them released.

I am going to pre order as well when I can get some funds together

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
congrats! I want one.

I remember seeing pics of this online and thinking it was a pipe dream even though the blogs said it had been approved. Glad I was wrong It's cool that Sigs offering the can but I don't blame ya for going the cheaper route.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts